WHOIS Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHOIS Information

Is WHOIS information now being hidden from resellers as well?

I like to write out to the owners of my domains to make sure their details are still current and correct, but this month I can no longer see the WHOIS information by logging into the account as reseller. Is this by design?

Has to do with this clive http://forum.resellerspanel.com/foru...client-details and yav made a post on whois data being hidden in this thread making domain registrations "a nightmare"

The solution to what you want to do would be if RSP added a nifty feature in the next reseller control panel revision to allow a reseller to send custom news updates to only the clients under them. ( suggestion voiced yav ) U know kinda like "system news" For RSP system news and billing notices and "company news" for reseller centric news. Then the next time they log into their control panel they can read them as desired. No EU law broken there at all.

I'd love to be able to send a news update thru the control panel to my clients of new domain promotions for example or if RSP adds a new hosting feature and I do a blog post on it, to be able to send a notice of the feature and for more details please read "my companies" blog post at https://*******. This could be beneficial for all reseller's because regular news notices of this type shows a active aggressive company looking to do business instead of just a website sitting there stagnant. An important impression to make on these people taking 30 day free trials I would think.
    Last edited by doneritehosting; 18-07-2018, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Great suggestion 'donrite'

We may have to add a consent to receive news 'checkbox' on the signup page to avoid SPAM laws. And all those that 'subscribed' could then be automatically added to a 'hidden' email list.

Then as long as our generated client emails also had an 'unsubscribe' link automatically added at the bottom, it should be all good!

Comment

Originally posted by index.html View Post
        Great suggestion 'donrite'

We may have to add a consent to receive news 'checkbox' on the signup page to avoid SPAM laws. And all those that 'subscribed' could then be automatically added to a 'hidden' email list.

Then as long as our generated client emails also had an 'unsubscribe' link automatically added at the bottom, it should be all good!
        Actually no. They consent to to receive these notices signing up for hosting services. The legal paperwork is already set in stone by RSP themselves index
        If they cancel hosting services no more notices. U were never sending email notices to begin with. Just news updates within the clients control panel itself. Email renewal notices are sent by RSP themselves and that is a whole different legal area than control panel news.
        Last edited by doneritehosting; 18-07-2018, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post

Actually no. They consent to to receive these notices signing up for hosting services. The legal paperwork is already set in stone by RSP themselves index
          If they cancel hosting services no more notices. U were never sending email notices to begin with. Just news updates within the clients control panel itself. Email renewal notices are sent by RSP themselves and that is a whole different legal area than control panel news.
          Yep - just noticed this in the Privacy Policy....

"Opt-out of marketing communications
          You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you."

So how about it RSP?

Comment

< 'yav0r' deleted his post which prompted the below response >

Well 'yav0r' someone got out of the wrong side of the bed today!

Firstly, I don't think 'clivejo' really meant to infer they were "his domains", but was simply referring to the domains held within 'his reseller account'. At least that's how I read it.

Secondly, "So how about it RSP?", was a simple question I asked requesting a response to 'donrite's' quite valid suggestion. I can't see how it could be interpreted as being undignified, not warranting a response?

However, in regards to your response, [which you did supply anyway], I think you have missed the point. No one is asking to see our clients email addresses - so not sure why you are bringing up ICANN and GDPR?

'donrite' was merely suggesting RSP consider a new "nifty feature in the next reseller control panel revision to allow a reseller to send custom news updates to only the clients under them".

I understand this to mean that our clients email addresses would remain hidden - and a newsletter/notification feature could be added to the new reseller control panel to provide resellers with a generic method of communication to our clients under our own reseller identity without having to know the client's email addresses or identity.

These communications could be either as direct emails or as notices which appear within their control panel when they next login. [whichever method is easier for RSP I guess]

- No ICANN / GDPR laws broken as email addresses and clients identities are still hidden from resellers
            - Clients already agree to receiving such communications [with an unsubscribe link ability] in the Privacy Policy when signing up as 'donrite' correctly pointed out.

So I ask again, "How about it RSP?" and I hope this time for a more considered response.

After all 'yav0r' - we're all on the same side here mate - it's that simple!
            Last edited by index.html; 20-07-2018, 01:18 PM. Reason: To advise followers of this thread of a deleted post that this response refers to

Comment

1/ Perhaps I should have said we are supposed to be on the same 'team' in promoting RSP, instead of the using the word 'side' seeing as you seem to be quite pedantic in interpreting resellers choice of words in posts. But I shall try to remember in future your advice, that it's really an 'Us and Them' scenario from RSP's perspective.

2/ Yes RSP does handle everything for resellers - but that's how RSP has structured and promotes its business to resellers - it's hardly resellers taking some sort of advantage over RSP as your post seems to imply.

3/ RSP currently restricts the number of emails sent from hosting accounts now - so I'm sure they could limit the number of newsletters/notices sent - perhaps limiting them to one per month - to mitigate SPAM.

4/ Re the content of these newsletters/notifications - I do appreciate the problem - but resellers now can still place whatever they like anywhere in their reseller stores - so not sure what the difference is.

5/ However, at this point I personally am no longer interested in pursuing the matter. It's obvious by RSP's blunt and somewhat contemptuous replies, that such suggestions are not appreciated and only serve to stifle resellers input, which at one time was appreciated and tolerated much better, no matter how uniformed it may have been.

Last edited by index.html; 20-07-2018, 01:17 PM. Reason: To advise followers of this thread of a deleted post that this response refers to

Comment

1/ If you are not on the forum representing RSP - stop writing posts that purport to do so.
                EG "No, we are not on the same side considering we handle everything and mainly the responsibilities be that legal or customer <-> company ones."

2/ Yes, I could open support tickets and leave the forum as you suggest, but I will continue to post on this forum however and whenever I wish. And if you don't like it I'm afraid its really your problem and not mine as you further suggest. And now that you say you will no longer reply to my posts, its actually a bonus.

3/ But from my part at least, I think Its a shame this post has deteriorated to this, especially since I know you have indeed been a valued forum contributor for a long time.

I too wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Last edited by index.html; 20-07-2018, 09:05 PM. Reason: To advise followers of this thread of a deleted post that this response refers to

Comment

What the 4377 upside down happen? I missed a lot here!!

Comment

That is not true, he is talking to himself! Truthfully I tried to delete all my posts which crashed the forum briefly so I left it to whatever got deleted and what not till I have time to sort out the database and delete everything from there. From now on you can depend on ResellersPanel staff to respond to your queries. I will not be posting anything further. You are welcome to PM me I don't promise to reply at all, but when I get the chance I probably will. Have a great week!

Comment

Tried to PM U Yav forum wont let me But up front I'm gonna ask you not to withdraw your support from the forum. You and clivejo have been the only source of regular support for resellers in this forum since Milen and then Tom Alexander. Sue me but its true.
                      Last edited by doneritehosting; 01-08-2018, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r View Post
                        That is not true, he is talking to himself! Truthfully I tried to delete all my posts which crashed the forum briefly so I left it to whatever got deleted and what not till I have time to sort out the database and delete everything from there. From now on you can depend on ResellersPanel staff to respond to your queries. I will not be posting anything further. You are welcome to PM me I don't promise to reply at all, but when I get the chance I probably will. Have a great week!
                        Really 'yav0r',

First you admit to deleting your posts, which is your right, especially if you regret them.

But then you go on and try to deceive forum readers with insulting statements like "he is talking to himself", suggesting they never existed!

I'm afraid you've now lost all credibility in this thread.

PS: I should have quoted you in my replies [like I have done here] to avoid deletions and the distortion of the facts. I will certainly keep that in mind in future with all my posts.

Comment

Originally posted by index.html View Post

Really 'yav0r',

First you admit to deleting your posts, which is your right, especially if you regret them.

But then you go on and try to deceive forum readers with insulting statements like "he is talking to himself", suggesting they never existed!

I'm afraid you've now lost all credibility in this thread.

PS: I should have quoted you in my replies [like I have done here] to avoid deletions and the distortion of the facts. I will certainly keep that in mind in future with all my posts.
                          hahahaahah its a joke mate... if you don't get it... the joke is on you... obviously.

I regret nothing to be honest I just wanted to delete all the information i provided over the years. Something you will certainly not get from me in this forum from now on... Tough sh*it...

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                            Tried to PM U Yav forum wont let me But up front I'm gonna ask you not to withdraw your support from the forum. You and clivejo have been the only source of regular support for resellers in this forum since Milen and then Tom Alexander. Sue me but its true.
                            Yeah I disabled that function for my account as well. If you need me you can open a support ticket addressed to me. That is how we are going to communicate from now on. Of course that goes for you not everyone obviously

Comment

I wasn't going to say anything, but congratulations to Index, you've enraged me enough to say what I have to say. I fully blame Index for this. If you had just not pushed and pushed, then our one and only source of information on this forum would not be leaving us. Donerite asked kindly to let the matter drop in public and deal with it via PM or however else but no, you had to have your way anyway and have a fight in public, and now you have on your own gone and screwed the ENTIRE FORUM COMMUNITY over. Thanks to you, Index, we now no longer have anyone willing to provide news to us on the forums. Thanks to you, the forums are now effectively dead. So Index, thanks for screwing everyone over, we all really appreciate it. If anyone has lost all credibility in not only this thread (like you said yav0r has, which he hasn't, but then why should you care seeing as you just effectively killed off the forum), but the entire community, it is YOU, Index, who has lost that credibility in my eyes, and probably the rest of the community as well. So one last time, thank you Index for ruining it for everyone.

This last bit I address to Yav0r. I am indeed quite sorry that it has come to this. I stayed out of it because I didn't want to get into a ******* match over WHOIS Information. In my opinion this ******* match shouldn't even have continued had Index listened to Donerite and finished this whole thing via PM, or rather anywhere really other than in the public visible areas of the forum. He instead chose not to, and now we have this result. It shows very poor judgement and responsibility, I think, on Index's part. Yes, he has been until now a great member of the community, and I've always valued his and everyone else's input, but after today, I think his input should no longer be required since he decided to devolve this whole thing into a ******* match. In any case, yav0r, I am very sorry that this has come to pass, and I do wish it could have been avoided, but it seems this is what we are now left with thanks to Index. I hope to still be able to chat with you at least via support tickets and whatnot, though.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. If it gets me in trouble with the mods, so be it, I've said my peace and that's at this point all I wanted to do here. Have a great rest of your morning/afternoon/evening/night/etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X