Monthly Billing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly Billing

I know it's planned for this year, but is there any estimated timing for monthly hosting billing to be implemented? Seeing as the majority of webhosts offer monthly billing as an alternative to those who can't or won't pay hundreds up front (some of which were my potential sales - they didn't want to pay for a year up front), I think this is a very important feature.

I wish you luck on that one and its truly heartfelt.... Been there, Done That, Wear The T-shirt... I hope you guys finally see monthly billing though. Its been long enough coming. If it does..
    Last edited by doneritehosting; 11-10-2020, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Yeah, what donerite said. It's been promised for years and every year we get the same "no updates, we'll let you know soon" generic response. I'm in the process of leaving RSP for GoDaddy since RSP seems to not want to give us the ONLY feature we have been begging for since the beginning and have never gotten.

Comment

Hello,

I have contacted our Marketing Department regarding the case and this project was in the works however due to unexpected circumstances it had to be put on-hold for now. We hope we will be able to provide monthly billing cycles for the shared hosting plans in the near future.

Comment

Let's hope something good happens in the last few months left in 2020!!

Comment

Whistling....

Comment

Monthly billing is a non-issue at this point because forcing customers to signup for a free trial whilst confusing them with having to choose a plan with a price tag attached just as if they were buying something (but they're not) effectively killed the whole free reseller system.

Comment

While I do wish resellers could create free trial accounts, I do think that not collecting "sign up" information and giving every Tom, Dick and Harry a month for free would really be a bad move and would allow spammers, scammers, hackers and those up to no good a hold on the platform!

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                  While I do wish resellers could create free trial accounts, I do think that not collecting "sign up" information and giving every Tom, Dick and Harry a month for free would really be a bad move and would allow spammers, scammers, hackers and those up to no good a hold on the platform!
                  I'm not sure I follow you. RSP has been forcing free trials for probably over 2 years now.

Comment

Well for one I don't think it has ever been a "free trial", the wording is a 30 day money back guarantee, with domains non-refundable. Has been for as long as I can remember

What I am saying is that genuine free trails tend to be abused, with people up to no good automatically signing up for free accounts and using them for purposes which can have an impact on other users of the platform (ie spam, hosting illegal material etc).

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                      Well for one I don't think it has ever been a "free trial", the wording is a 30 day money back guarantee, with domains non-refundable. Has been for as long as I can remember

What I am saying is that genuine free trails tend to be abused, with people up to no good automatically signing up for free accounts and using them for purposes which can have an impact on other users of the platform (ie spam, hosting illegal material etc).
                      Clive, I take it you are no longer signed up as a reseller?

Forced free trials were introduced actually 4 years ago.

We've enabled a Free Trial Mode option for web hosting accounts, so that your customers can get a feel of your web hosting services before deciding to sign up.

You yourself even posted a thread with the link above...
                      A few months ago we introduced a 30-day Free Trial option to our platform (https://blog.resellerspanel.com/web-hosting-platform/free-trial-mode-for-all-web-hosting-packages.html), giving prospects the chance to evaluate your services at their leisure before committing to a web hosting contract with you.

Yet, 2 years ago you questioned the the existence of the free trials...
                      I have been a reseller for over 10 years as I have found their service, support and feature sets the best value added complement to my web design business. I promote via three sites and according to the stats Unique Vistors are approaching 3000 a month - however : I have never had a successful unattended new

For proof that it's still in existence, just google for RSP reseller sites and you'll see that they all have "free trial" links but no buy links.

Here are reseller sites that I believe are owned by RSP so you can check them out. All have only free trial links.

Risk-free cloud hosting services at exclusive prices. A free domain registration. 30-day FREE TRIAL. 24/7/365 tech support.

Every single ZFS storage-based shared website hosting package offered by LiquidNet Ltd Hosting features a detailed live stats instrument and a 24-7 tech assistance solution.

Every single ZFS storage-based shared website hosting package offered by LiquidNet Ltd Hosting features a detailed live stats instrument and a 24-7 tech assistance solution.

Test before you buy! Our web hosting services are perfect for startups and businesses. 100% SSD. 99.9% uptime. 24/7 tech support

A super-reliable, next-generation cloud web hosting platform. A 24-7-365 client support service. Offers from $3.25/mo.

NTC Hosting is a provider of top quality Linux web hosting solutions, VPS and dedicated servers, and domain name services at competitive low prices.

Comment

Why all of a sudden is my account flagged to be approved for messages?

Comment

Are you new to the internet or something... obviously because you posted 20 links in one post...

Comment

Originally posted by vrepub View Post
                            Clive, I take it you are no longer signed up as a reseller?
                            You take it wrong, I am signed up as a reseller and have been from about 2004. I am reseller of resellers and reseller to myself! But most of my sales are direct (client deals with me and I order the wholesale service)

Yes I posted those, as there was a time I reposted most of the blog posts on the forum as a way to generate some regular and friendly conversation on the forums. The forum software got updated and I couldn't copy in the content as the software blocked me, so I stopped that.

Personally, I have never seen anything about free trials, but that's just me. It might be a regional thing (like only in US DC's) or it could be just the way I operate on RSP. I know AU data centre has quite a few differences to the US, UK, Finland and Bulgaria.

I tend to lock my services down to being only in the UK DC as I am mostly involved with local businesses and charities.

You are running into the same issues I had when posting blog posts with links (to pictures etc) in them, it doesn't like you posting them! Even with moderator permissions I have a have time posting links!! You aren't being flagged, blocked or banned, it's just the forum software doing it's thing!

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r View Post
                              obviously because you posted 20 links in one post...
                              Don't exaggerate !! It was only 10

Comment

Working...
                              X