No announcement yet.

Monthly Billing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for such an option, and it would be a shame to not have it soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Nemiaz View Post
      Waiting for such an option, and it would be a shame to not have it soon!
      Don't hold your breath. This monthly billing for shared accounts has been "on the table" for at least 10 years, probably more. If you want to sell monthly shared accounts, best to go with semi-dedicated...better than the shared accounts anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by vrepub View Post

Don't hold your breath. This monthly billing for shared accounts has been "on the table" for at least 10 years, probably more. If you want to sell monthly shared accounts, best to go with semi-dedicated...better than the shared accounts anyhow.
        That is most unfortunate. I am able to convince most freelance clients to pay the full 12-months up front, but my testing indicates that the general public, those without a personal business relationship with me, don’t prefer to pay such a period, avoiding it altogether. A monthly billing option would greatly increase sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Resell View Post

That is most unfortunate. I am able to convince most freelance clients to pay the full 12-months up front, but my testing indicates that the general public, those without a personal business relationship with me, don’t prefer to pay such a period, avoiding it altogether. A monthly billing option would greatly increase sales.
          Having been on the other end many times, I completely understand their hesitation. Even if we have a money back guarantee, there are hosts out there who are charging the same (or less) than us a month that offer monthly billing. Why would they give us the time of day when they could get a plan there and cancel it if they don't like it? We have to stand out in a saturated market, and I wish that this could be the thing that keeps us competitive.

We can easily get people to fall in love with the uptime, good support staff, and Hepsia. We just have to get them on board with us first to get them to love the rest of it, and I'm worried that will just get harder on resellers to do.

Comment

I have to say I support what djblalock says 100%, having changed my mind on the monthly billing side of things.

Having seen it in other business models, it is actually a pain in the neck to administer! Customers will OFTEN cancel the payment rather than tell you directly, and this can lead to all kinds of head aches. Then there are charge-backs and ways for the bank to recall the payment. The automation software registers the payment as being successful and the customer gets another month added to their account, but then the bank just takes the payment back again and you have to manually sort it out yourself. This leads to a lot of extra work chasing customers to see if there was a genuine issue (not enough funds, card problems such as expired/cancelled/blocked for fraud, insufficient funds etc) or if the customer simply no longer wants the service and cancelled it from the bank side causing a charge-back.

For me, I would prefer a quota (maybe based on existing customers or maybe a deposit of x dollars in your reseller wallet) of "free" months before starting to pay for plans. As djblalock said, once customers can see and experience the service they usually stick with it. There are a tiny few who just want to abuse the service and you don't want those people any-ways.
            Last edited by clivejo; 29-06-2021, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Still hoping to see this functionality sometime, as was promised in the 2020 upcoming features email. My clients refuse to pay annually so I must bill them monthly, yet I have to pay for a year up front :/ it's unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Resell View Post
                Still hoping to see this functionality sometime, as was promised in the 2020 upcoming features email. My clients refuse to pay annually so I must bill them monthly, yet I have to pay for a year up front :/ it's unfortunate.
                We've been holding our breath for years now, long before 2020 Not having monthly options makes selling hosting with RSP hard. The support and Hepsia are great, but you have to sell clients on it to begin with. The "free trial" is also pretty confusing for customers unless you have it very clearly explained on your site (they sign up like normal, select their plan and all, and then if they like it once they are in they can fill out the billing part) - I made a screen record walking them through the process as I am getting my RSP site back up. The order form is just confusing and outdated added onto the annual billing.

Comment

I'm assuming that the decision to not offer monthly billing is strictly a financial one. To use an example selling an annual plan vs. monthly with say a PayPal standard account: Let's assume a $10.00 per month plan selling monthly, $10.00 x 2.9% +0.30 = 7.08 total processing cost for a year vs $10.00 per month plan selling annually, $120.00 x 2.9% +0.30 = $3.78 total processing cost for the year. This equates to only $3.30 difference but multiply that times 1,000 customers and now it is $3,300.00. This is just an example and my opinion about what the hesitation might be about monthly billing.

Comment

Working...
                  X