Simple Question on Virtual Hoting Platforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Question on Virtual Hoting Platforms

Sorry if this seems overtly obvious or dumb question, but from a sales point of view, what are the technical differences between these products (which I'm supposed to be selling)?
    1. Virtual Private Server (OpenVZ)
    2. KVM
    3. Dedicated Hosting
    4. Semi-Dedicated Hosting
    There seems to be scant details on the differences and good ways to sell these.

Thanks!

1 and 2 are Virtual Servers, sharing multiple physical servers with multiple Virtual Server clients. The difference is just how they do that i.e OpenVZ (Open Virtuozzo) or KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine)
    3 is you have an entire real hardware machine with all of its resources at your disposal and 4 is you share part of a real machine, for example you share the hardware with one or more clients. like 50%, 33%, 25% etc

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
      1 and 2 are Virtual Servers, sharing multiple physical servers with multiple Virtual Server clients. The difference is just how they do that i.e OpenVZ (Open Virtuozzo) or KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine)
      3 is you have an entire real hardware machine with all of its resources at your disposal and 4 is you share part of a real machine, for example you share the hardware with one or more clients. like 50%, 33%, 25% etc
      Thanks Clivejo!

Unfortunately the offer pages, as provided by RP, do a very poor job of giving a user/SEO friendly explanation of these products. Also, the WP theme may be very sophisticated connecting to one's store, but it is very difficult to customize, add, or modify text.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        Unfortunately the offer pages, as provided by RP, do a very poor job of giving a user/SEO friendly explanation of these products. Also, the WP theme may be very sophisticated connecting to one's store, but it is very difficult to customize, add, or modify text.
        If you don't understand them, chances are you won't sell them. Might be better to turn them off in the Resellers Panel and just stick to basic shared hosting.

Comment

...or better yet, do a bunch of searches and clean up the mess. These WordPress themes were supposed to be 'turn-key' solutions, meaning that all content was already setup to be displayed and sell plans. However it seems that they just threw all the product pages out there with little or no marketing-worthy text. I had to find out the difference between OpenVZ and KVM.

There's no way that Google would have found these pages to be legitimate at all. So, yes, I did cleaned it up a bit and am just now writing/re-writing proper introductions.

Comment

Working...
          X