TLD Price Increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLD Price Increase

As you already know, today we are updating the prices of all popular generic TLDs - .COM, .NET, .INFO, .BIZ and ORG.
    The good news is that we have decided to keep the prices unchanged for .COM and .NET for 1st-year registration and transfer.
    For this purpose, we needed to extend the current domain pricing interface in the Reseller Control Panel to add the new pricing fields.
    In section Advanced, you can see there are separate fields for: registration, transfer and renewal.
    Also, there will be no increase in the domain + hosting pricing.
    To sum up, here are the new wholesale prices:
    .COM - $9.95 USD for renewal ($9 USD for 1st-year registration and transfer)
    .NET - $9.95 USD for renewal ($9 USD for 1st-year registration and transfer)
    .ORG - $9.95 USD
    .INFO - $9.95 USD
    .BIZ - $9.95 USD
    .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, .BIZ plus hosting plan - $6 USD
    We will release a special newsletter on all new updates tomorrow.

P.S. Don't kill the messenger please

Too late, LOL! No, just kidding, I wouldn't kill anyone! This announcement, though expected, is still sad to see. Oh well, time to swallow my pride and update my domain prices, as much as I don't want to.

Comment

Here we shoot the messenger, but because it's you, we will only maim not kill! How does a leg or knee sound? Only joking by the way!!

Why did you guys decide to make it more complicated? Would it not be simpler to strike a half way point like $9.50 for both? Or is this based on statistics, to bring in new domains for cheaper and then recoup that from renewals?

Comment

Considering the .com and .net sell a lot more than any of the other TLDs leveling them on 9.50 is really not doing us any favors Trust me we wanted to do that as it was one hell of a developer task to introduce different pricing options for those tlds as a whole but we had no choice.

Comment

Working...
        X