Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modified IP allocation policy due to IPv4 address space exhaustion. A new IPv6 network is underway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Modified IP allocation policy due to IPv4 address space exhaustion. A new IPv6 network is underway

    IP addresses lie at the heart of the Internet. Its expansion over the last two decades has lead to the almost full exhaustion of the public IPv4 address space.

    The usage of web-connected devices has indeed gone through the roof, whereas the number of available IPs has alarmingly dropped, accordingly.

    The newer, more robust IPv6 system is gradually being adopted worldwide and we

  • #2
    Any update on IPv6 adoption?

    Comment


    • #3
      Uhm...Clive...you do realize that part of your post got cut right? It ends on like a cliffhanger with "The newer, more robust IPv6 system is gradually being adopted worldwide and we". And we.....what? LOL!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, someone *looks around* updated the forum software and I can no longer copy in full articles

        https://blog.resellerspanel.com/late...-underway.html

        Comment


        • #5
          Better you than someone loading the whole an adult site in the footer

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by yav0r View Post
            Better you than someone loading the whole an adult site in the footer
            Depending on the adult website in question, I might not have a problem with that in my footer

            Comment


            • #7
              ahahahahahah neither do I but you know some people may find it offensive its 2018 after all (everything is offensive).

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah, everything apparently is offensive now. It's pretty sad, actually.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by yav0r View Post
                  ahahahahahah neither do I but you know some people may find it offensive its 2018 after all (everything is offensive).
                  Hi Yav,
                  May I know is RSP changed policy on dedicated IP for enterprise shared hosting? Is RSP removed the 1 free dedicated ip?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by wjleong View Post

                    Hi Yav,
                    May I know is RSP changed policy on dedicated IP for enterprise shared hosting? Is RSP removed the 1 free dedicated ip?
                    yes that was done when the IPv4 price was increased. It will be included again when we start dealing IPv6 somewhere in the distant future.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X