Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modified IP allocation policy due to IPv4 address space exhaustion. A new IPv6 network is underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified IP allocation policy due to IPv4 address space exhaustion. A new IPv6 network is underway

IP addresses lie at the heart of the Internet. Its expansion over the last two decades has lead to the almost full exhaustion of the public IPv4 address space.

The usage of web-connected devices has indeed gone through the roof, whereas the number of available IPs has alarmingly dropped, accordingly.

The newer, more robust IPv6 system is gradually being adopted worldwide and we

Any update on IPv6 adoption?

Comment

Uhm...Clive...you do realize that part of your post got cut right? It ends on like a cliffhanger with "The newer, more robust IPv6 system is gradually being adopted worldwide and we". And we.....what? LOL!

Comment

Yeah, someone *looks around* updated the forum software and I can no longer copy in full articles

In view of the nearing exhaustion of the public IPv4 address space, we have modified our IP allocation policy. Learn more about the new IP address quotas for the VPS and dedicated servers and about our plans to introduce full IPv6 support to our network from our latest blog post.

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r
          Better you than someone loading the whole an adult site in the footer
          Depending on the adult website in question, I might not have a problem with that in my footer

Comment

Yeah, everything apparently is offensive now. It's pretty sad, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r
              ahahahahahah neither do I but you know some people may find it offensive its 2018 after all (everything is offensive).
              Hi Yav,
              May I know is RSP changed policy on dedicated IP for enterprise shared hosting? Is RSP removed the 1 free dedicated ip?

Comment

update?

Comment

Not seen any movement on this, but it's starting to look like "the boy who cried wolf"!!

Comment

Working...
                  X