X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ".. Operates on behalf of LiquidNet Ltd."

Noticed on the invoices sent out by LiquidNet Ltd. that:

"COMPANY NAME operates on behalf of LiquidNet Ltd."

This indicates that I operate my business for the benefit of LiquidNet Ltd. which negates the first line:

"COMPANY NAME is in a association with LiquidNet Ltd." [which should read "in association with"].

Not sure about anyone else but, I have to wonder what the purpose of adding, and paying for, features and tools [e.g. private dns, etc] that provide anonymity from LiquidNet Ltd. if in the end LiquidNet Ltd. is going to make a statement that suggests otherwise. These statements on one hand suggest we are associated and working together to provide services but on the other, suggest we are lowly affiliates working for commissions.
    Last edited by MacCheesy; 18-08-2007, 08:27 PM.

I am sure that there are good reasons (legal most likely) why the text of the invoices is worded the way it is. LiquidNet is the entity that bills the end customers and carries the financial and legal responsibility for to provide the services purchased.

Comment

Yes, it would be good to be able to remove it. But if they ask you could just say thats the name of the place our servers are hosted(Which they are) lots of hosting comapanies have there servers in a building other then there own

Comment

1. In my case, LiquidNet billing responsibilities are not 100%. Much of that I do myself via my custom website and PayPal account. Lets not forget that as a free reseller, the cost of hosting [to me] is much higher than it could be. Not complaining as that is the price I have accepted to pay when I signed up as a reseller [one who purchases products and/or services and resells them at profit]. However, I am not an 'affiliate' or commissioned salesperson, lets get that straight right out of the gate. There are costs that I incur [PayPal charges for example] that I have to eat - its all a part of doing business.

2. If I am sued [for whatever reason] or a client has a legal dispute, you are saying that I should direct them to LiquidNet, who will incur any legal fees and judgements, etc?

I understand that Kalin & LiquidNet, Ltd. has some legal responsibilites but, the invoices basically state that I am merely an agent of LiquidNet, Ltd. and not my own business entity. This is all when and good if the legalities, if they were to occur, were handled by LiquidNet, Ltd. and, I am going to be reimbursed for my expenses. However, I would suspect that any court documents would show MY CUSTOMER vs. MY BUSINESS and not MY CUSTOMER vs. LIQUIDNET, LTD.

I don't have a problem with "in association with" its "operates on behalf of LiquidNet Ltd." that makes me a little squeamish.

Originally posted by Milen View Post
        I am sure that there are good reasons (legal most likely) why the text of the invoices is worded the way it is. LiquidNet is the entity that bills the end customers and carries the financial and legal responsibility for to provide the services purchased.
        Last edited by MacCheesy; 21-08-2007, 04:38 AM.

Comment

There are two cases here:

1. In more typical case, LiquidNet bills the customers of the reseller and has the responsibility to refund customers, who are not happy with the services and have requested a refund according to the terms of service. In this case, LiquidNet's name will appear on the customer's credit card statement (or PayPal invoices or any receipts of other kind that PayPal provides, when funds are drawn form a user’s PayPal account, I am not sure how these documents are called, since I do not have a PayPal account and have never used PayPal’s services). Here the reseller actually does operate on behalf of LiquidNet (meaning as a representative of, in terms of the financial agreement), since LiquidNet is the actual entity charging the customer and I do not see anything wrong here.

2. In the second, much less common case, but as far as I understood, it is the one that directly concerns you, the reseller bills his/her customers directly and purchases services from LiquidNet at wholesale prices. In this case, an invoice is only sent to the reseller and it is responsibility of the reseller to refund to the customer, if a refund is requested according to the terms of service. The reseller, in turn, could request a refund of the wholesale price of the services from LiquidNet according to the terms of service. I do not see what is bothering you here either, as the customer will not receive an invoice from LiquidNet in this case.

As I have mentioned on other occasions previously, I am not a legal expert (nor a financial one), but this is how I understand things and I think that the interpretation is a pretty straightforward one.

Comment

Point I am trying to make is the statements made on invoices contradict each other and, its the latter of the two that insinuates that I work for [do business on behalf of or for the benefit of] LiquidNet, Ltd., which I do not. Its all about the proper use of the English language.

Originally posted by Milen View Post
            There are two cases here:

1. In more typical case, LiquidNet bills the customers of the reseller and has the responsibility to refund customers, who are not happy with the services and have requested a refund according to the terms of service. In this case, LiquidNet's name will appear on the customer's credit card statement (or PayPal invoices or any receipts of other kind that PayPal provides, when funds are drawn form a user’s PayPal account, I am not sure how these documents are called, since I do not have a PayPal account and have never used PayPal’s services). Here the reseller actually does operate on behalf of LiquidNet (meaning as a representative of, in terms of the financial agreement), since LiquidNet is the actual entity charging the customer and I do not see anything wrong here.

2. In the second, much less common case, but as far as I understood, it is the one that directly concerns you, the reseller bills his/her customers directly and purchases services from LiquidNet at wholesale prices. In this case, an invoice is only sent to the reseller and it is responsibility of the reseller to refund to the customer, if a refund is requested according to the terms of service. The reseller, in turn, could request a refund of the wholesale price of the services from LiquidNet according to the terms of service. I do not see what is bothering you here either, as the customer will not receive an invoice from LiquidNet in this case.

As I have mentioned on other occasions previously, I am not a legal expert (nor a financial one), but this is how I understand things and I think that the interpretation is a pretty straightforward one.
            Last edited by MacCheesy; 22-08-2007, 03:57 AM.

Comment

I'm just wondering, if LiquidNet bill the client, and we are just paid a comission. How come I am also sent a bill for the wholesale amount whenever a client purchases through my website. I mean to fit with what you're saying, I shouldn't receive that invoice.

Comment

Originally posted by syownet View Post
                I'm just wondering, if LiquidNet bill the client, and we are just paid a comission. How come I am also sent a bill for the wholesale amount whenever a client purchases through my website. I mean to fit with what you're saying, I shouldn't receive that invoice.
                I've no qualms about this at all. It's a good way of notifying me that I've made a sale.

Comment

I agree, it is a good way of notifying us. I'm just curious to know how come we get a receipt, if technically we're not buying it. Our clients are buying it from Liquidnet.

Originally posted by drummerboy View Post
                  I've no qualms about this at all. It's a good way of notifying me that I've made a sale.

Comment

Its just a notification that a client made a purchase through their hosting control panel or your website [if using one of the RP templates]. As drummerboy said, you should receive notice that a new or existing customer made a purchase.

Comment

I think it is all done for legal reasons. Liquid net would be involved in any legal action if any was taken.

Comment

I don't encounter any problem with invoice. Oh well, I just got one order

Comment

Working...
                        X