Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sweden DC?

Hi,
    I saw a new choice of Data center Bahnhof/Stockholm, Sweden DC present in order form.
    Is this new rsp DC?
    What's the advantage of this DC? Doesn't EU continent already has UK DC?
    What's the server configuration on this DC? Connection ? network capacity etc ?
    But glad to have more and more DC to be offered to clients.

I believe I read somewhere that data center is used only by a very high reseller and not available to others, but I've been known to be wrong before.

Comment

vlasi47gr, is right we have a large reseller who is using a data center in Stockholm, Sweden.

So far hosting in this data center was exclusive to the reseller in question. However, we are currently considering offering hosting in this data center to other resellers as well.

When the final decision is made, I assume that there will be an official news story on the matter, which will provide the specific details.

Comment

Below is the replied from support:
        -------------------------------------
        Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

At this point we are still preparing all the information in regards to the Sweden Data Center, so be sure that once we draw up the needed information, our Resellers will be notified of the new Data Center feature.

Meanwhile, let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

-------------------------------------
        So I think it may offer to us as well.
        Because it also present in order form,so should be available right??

Comment

That's cool that they are making it available . Woo.

A problem for us is the API has started returning the Swedish data center as a valid data center, for ages it wasn't, and the example API signup form doesn't account for this. Unfortunately this means my website is currently giving people the option of signing up with the Swedish data center...

Leigh

Comment

Actually it's showing up on the templates too.. So does this mean our customers can now use the Swedish data center?

Comment

Yes, hosting in the Swedish data center is now available to clients. I expect that the official announcement about this will be made soon.

Comment

Hello Milan,
                When you guys will update he photos on template pages ?
                My client was asking about it....
                He want to see details of new DC

Comment

As I said, details about the new data center will be provided with the offical announcement that I expect to be made soon.

As for photos of the new data center, if they are not available from the data center itself, someone would have to go there and make some.

Anyway, the updating of the templates with pictures of the new data center may take awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                    As for photos of the new data center, if they are not available from the data center itself, someone would have to go there and make some.
                    I'd go but you would have to wait for August to come around. I don't like the cold, brrrrrr.

Comment

lol

Why don't ask DC take and send the photo?

Isn't difficult right?

Comment

I suggest we do it ourselves!

Comment

What's the name of the data center, and their website?

Comment

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
                            Why don't ask DC take and send the photo?
                            I am sure that our Marketing Department will do so, when they prepare the content for updating reseller templates.

Originally posted by syownet View Post
                            What's the name of the data center, and their website?
                            As far as I understand the data center provider is called Bahnhof. Unfortunately, the webiste of Bahnhof is in Swedish only.

They have a very cool (both literally and metaphorically) data center located in a cave 30 meters (100 feet) below Stockholm. The cave used to be a bomb shelter and the backup power for the servers is provided by two German submarine engines.

Unfortunately, I do not know if this is the one that we are using as Bahnhof has more than one data center in Stockholm.

Comment

Thanks for the website Milen. Can you please confirm with other RSP staff whether this is in-fact the datacenter we now have available to us?

Comment

Working...
                              X