RSP WordPress Template and Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP WordPress Template and Plugin

I have been playing about with the Wordpress plug-in for ages and couldnt get it to work with my store. I entered my store name and password but it wouldn't do anything!!

Then I realised that my outgoing connections manager was blocking connections to a 443 HTTP(Secure connection). I enable this IP in the manager and it worked!!

I thought Id post this thread for help and tips using the RSP Template and Plug-in

Under the shared hosting plan, there is a comparison list and for some reason Im not seeing a price at the bottom :/

The template seems to rely on the following :

Code:
    [rp_plans type="shared" best="" button='<button type="submit" class="rpwp-button colorize"><span class="gloss"></span>order now</button>']
    Anyone know how this works? Where is the PHP code that controls this?

Comment

We are constantly updating the coding on the plugin and theme and the "old" versions are not working any more. If PM me with an e-mail address and I will send you the latest versions both for the plugin and the theme (let me know which theme you are using).

Comment

Hi Yan,

Would there be any chance of setting up a 'Beta Testers' forum for members such as myself to test the code?

I think there are a few of us would be very interested in testing and even modifying it for our own needs.

Comment

We are not planning of setting up a special forum about this, but when we reach a state of "beta testing" we usually announce things so anyone interested can just say so, we have never turned down any enthusiasts

Comment

Yan, what actually loads in the default pages? Its there any way to stop it?

I had written my own custom pages and then upgraded the plug-in, which seems to have over-written my pages in the database

On a positive note, I love the business-satellite theme! Also loving the way everything is so customisable! Do you know when the devs will be finished on this project? Can you kick some behinds and get it out before Xmas?

Comment

You mean changing the home page ?
              Yes you can do that:
              Appearance -> under the theme you are using select Customize.
              Then Static Front Page tab and from there you can select a custom page.

Devs are due to finish the work on the Themes in the mid November so by the end of November the templates MUST be fully operational or else

Comment

Sorry, I meant like an article, or contact us page. I made my own custom contact us page and had it just perfect. But when I upgraded the plug-in it seems to overwrite the pages with defaults?

Also, where does the plug-in pick up the store email from? <<EDIT>> I found it myself, its in RSP > My Profile > Change Email

UPDATE : I reworked the pages to be how I want them (based on the business-satellite theme). Came back after an hour and the pages have reverted back to the defaults. I'm not a happy bunny! Anyone else playing with the templates?
                Last edited by clivejo; 30-10-2012, 10:15 PM. Reason: Added an update

Comment

PM me your store ID or reseller username and I will have a dev look into it. I don't think it is supposed to do that.

Comment

To recreate.

Log into WP as admin, then navigate to Contact Us Page. Click the edit link and customise your page.

If you then go into your Dashboard and click on the Resellers Panel, then click on Save Changes.

When you navigate back to the Contact Us page it has reverted back to default

It seems to do this at random intervals without clicking on the 'Save Changes' button. Maybe there is a script which auto runs to refresh or update the store settings from RSP?

Comment

You should never hit the Save Changes button once you activate the resellers panel plugin as that basically resets all content.

As for the random revert I am testing it on 3 stores since I saw your post so far I haven't had re-set but will continue testing.

We are working on a flag which will mark any content changes and those pages will not be updated when for example the plugin is being updated or the theme in that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r View Post
                        You should never hit the Save Changes button once you activate the resellers panel plugin as that basically resets all content.
                        oh I see, I was modified some prices and they didn't seem to updating on the site. When I clicked the Save Changes button in the plug-in it updated the prices and I lost my content

Comment

For that you should use the cache button below

Comment

So I have done a new install of WP into a new database. Uploaded, installed the theme & plugin. Plugin is asking me for username and password. I use the one for my RSP login and nothing, wont go any further

I have looked in my hosting CP as I thought there might be a blocked outgoing connection, but no, nothing.

I'm stuck now, complete out of ideas !!

Comment

The username is the storename not the actual login username for the resellers account.

Comment

Working...
                              X