Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 SS41 Slow? - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS41 Slow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS41 Slow?

I just put a new client (against my better judgment) on SS41 with a mySQL based web site.

I'm noticing that the SS41 server seems very slow. Is there anyone else on SS41 that has noticed this?

Well, it would seem to be a mySQL issue.

I'm not sure why but any mySQL pages take 6 seconds to load. I'm double checking to make sure it's nothing in the page code before submitting a ticket so they can tell me that it's fine.

Comment

Yes, very! I now have four clients that threaten to cancel their new accounts on sc41 since it is so extremely slow.

Comment

MySQL sites?

I had submitted a ticket earlier. I was just told (via ticket) that the issue was fixed and to let them know if there was anything else. THE SAME **** RESPONSE TYPICALLY RECEIVED VIA TICKET SUPPORT.

No change.
        Client site still takes 6-7 sec on avg to load.

I've asked what the fix was that was implemented... Wonder if they'll share what they think fixed the issue so well that they didn't bother checking the site in question I was talking about....
        Last edited by Guest; 12-08-2006, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by resellersreseller
          MySQL sites?
          Yes, they are MySQL driven.

Still, I wonder why a tracert shows so many hops at x.cogentco.com...

Where is RSP?

Comment

RSP is fixing. Sorry guys for the delay. Almost all admins tried to fix the problem and they finally did. The issue has been resolved.

Best Regards,
            Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

or maybe not.. guy please let me know how the sites are loading for you. Most of the times the sites are loading fast for me, but some sites take longer to load. Maybe it is my internet. Please try it and let us know.

Best Regards,
              Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

unfortunately it is still slow. Working on it...

Best Regards,
                Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

Good to hear from you Kalin

resellersreseller,
                  They say it is a routing problem, not MySQL.

Comment

Kalin,

It was early enough with this client that moving them to a different server wouldn't be an issue. (although your ticket support team initially asked that I wait 72 hours to even test a mirror but I insisted otherwise)

My clients on SS20 are not so new however, and continue to suffer though MySQL issue after MySQL issue.

I can't say if the issue was resolved on SS41, but I can tell you that so far I see no issues on SS40.

Comment

Finally the issue has been resolved on SC41.

Best Regards,
                      Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

We have to reboot SC41 a few more times. You could notice a few short downtimes while the server is rebooting.

Best Regards,
                        Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

What was wrong? Was it a MySQL issue, or was it affecting all sites?

Comment

It was affecting all sites. The local NS software was not working properly. It was resolving and resolving and so on for a couple of seconds per request.

Best Regards,
                            Kalin Blaskoff

Comment

Interesting.

The impact for my clients site on SS41 was only seen on MySQL pages. Individual images, non MySQL pages, etc. all loaded as quickly as any other server.

At least that he and I noticed.

html, htm, etc. = "lightning fast!" <- client's words
                              php w/MySQL = 7-8 seconds.

He's very excited on SS40 for now.

Regardless - thank you for taking a moment and explaining the issue rather than simply telling us it was fixed. It really helps us to sound like business partners when talking to our clients. Otherwise it's obvious to (and frustrating for) them that we're a middle man.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                              X