Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Paypal as main processor = better seller anonymity! ??? - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paypal as main processor = better seller anonymity! ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal as main processor = better seller anonymity! ???

I was about the fact that Paypal is going to be the new main processor for RSP. Given this fact, there seems to be no reason why RSP would need to show "LiquidNet" on the customer's credit card statements anymore.

Let me explain...

I sell various digital downloads on the internet on various sites of my own but I only have one paypal account. So, I specified in my paypal account to make charges show up as "paypal*digital download". I did not specify a specific site or business name because, like I said, I sell various products on various sites. So, I just make the card statements show as something general. Since they are all digitally downloadable products, I chose, "digital downloads"

I see no reason why RSP cannot do the same now that Paypal is going to be the main payment processor. RSP should make the customer's card show as "paypal*web hosting" or something to that effect. It's easy to do and it's good for reseller anonymity. Since it can be done with ease, I see no reason not to.

This can even be done with the RSP 2Checkout account. However, you cannot change this yourself like you can in the paypal account. You have to contact 2CO and let them do it for you. But still, it would be very easy to do and neither 2CO to Paypal require anything specific. You can use whatever name or generic reference you like. I think they tell you that you might be charged $50 to make the change, however, that is just all talk. They just say that to deter mass amounts of people from asking for name changes everyday.

What do you guys think? Do you think RSP will finally make our anonymity wishes come true (at least from a credit card statement stan***int) since it would be so easy to implement?

In the thread about the switch from WorldPay, syownet says that LiqudNet does not appear on his credit card statement for hosting purchases made from us through PayPal. I suppose that this is so, although I cannot verify this personally.

However, you should have in mind that there are several types of PayPal accounts, and although the LiquidNet’s name might not appear on the credit card statement, I do not think that it would be possible to remove it from the invoice as well, especially with regard to a business PayPal account and not a personal one. Although, of course I might be wrong about this, since I cannot claim any expertise on PayPal options and features.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
      However, you should have in mind that there are several types of PayPal accounts, and although the LiquidNet’s name might not appear on the credit card statement, I do not think that it would be possible to remove it from the invoice as well, especially with regard to a business PayPal account and not a personal one. Although, of course I might be wrong about this, since I cannot claim any expertise on PayPal options and features.
      Yes, I know that there are business accounts and personal accounts. I have a business account. And anyone that sells even a small amount on the net does too. In fact, I don't even know if I ever had a personal paypal account. I only ever signed up with paypal to receive payments for sales. I seldom use my paypal account for purchases.

In that business account I can control what name shows on the credit card statement and also what name shows up on the paypal invoice (which is also the name that appears on the top of the paypal payment screen when someone buys something from me). Both of these name changes can be done very easily through my account in a matter of a minute or two.

Therefore, assuming RSP's business paypal account works like mine (maybe it doesn't), if RSP does not change these names from "liquidnet" to something generic it is not because they cannot do it due to paypal restrictions but because they do not want to or perhaps because from a legal and/or marketing/corporate stan***int they cannot. The latter scenario would be somewhat understandable to a point, I suppose. However, given the type of business, it really isn't that understandable since anonymity is very important to many resellers.

That's just my take.

Comment

Originally posted by toolsavvy View Post
        ...because from a legal... stan***int they cannot.
        Without claiming to be a legal expert, I suppose that this is the correct reason why such a change cannot be made.

Comment

Right... you are no legal mind. That being said, can you find out the legal ramifications of charging Resellers for Private DNS Clusters and touting "Private Label Reseller - Reseller Anonymity, Use Your Own Brand!" while the reseller does not get any of that?

Let me know when you find the answer as I believe there are dozens of resellers, myself included, that are due a refund of fees paid on the Private DNS clusters.

Without claiming to be a legal expert, I suppose that this is the correct reason why such a change cannot be made.

Comment

Originally posted by MacCheesy View Post
            Right... you are no legal mind. That being said, can you find out the legal ramifications of charging Resellers for Private DNS Clusters and touting "Private Label Reseller - Reseller Anonymity, Use Your Own Brand!" while the reseller does not get any of that?
            Let me know when you find the answer as I believe there are dozens of resellers, myself included, that are due a refund of fees paid on the Private DNS clusters.
            I went through the Reseller Agreement and the DNS Cluster Terms again and did not see anywhere a statement that LiquidNet's name would not appear on order forms, invoices or credit card statements of clients. Though the DNS Cluster Terms, clearly state that the service is non-refundable.

Comment

I also read both and did not see where it said it Would appear on order forms, invoices or credit statements.

Do you understand what "Private," "Private Label," "Private DNS Cluster" or Anonymity mean?

How about:

"A website 100% yours, with its own billing and fraud check?"

Or

"Whatever you choose, we will send your clients the necessary information on behalf of your "Business" name."

Or

"Your customers will easily recognize your brand and your anonymity as a reseller will be much more certain."

Just because you say there is no refund does not suggest one can't get one... Fact is, the quotes above show what RP offers and what we resellers are not getting. What is that called when that happens...??

I went through the Reseller Agreement and the DNS Cluster Terms again and did not see anywhere a statement that LiquidNet's name would not appear on order forms, invoices or credit card statements of clients. Though the DNS Cluster Terms, clearly state that the service is non-refundable.
              Last edited by MacCheesy; 30-10-2007, 01:52 AM.

Comment

I can see this side of the discussion, however what i don't understand is why don't people use this to their advantage? Liquidnet isn't a small business in itself (compared to the individual reseller that is), and you could sort of use the "in partnership" with liquidnet to springboard your business.

It makes sense to me at least lol

Comment

Granted, there are some that may need that little push - and that's fine - but I want a choose whether or not my PRIVATE BRAND is associated with any other business. Is it asking too much when one asks to get what they told they were entitled to?

Most here do not need the advantage, myself included. Consider it tooting my own horn but, I have over $1,300 sitting in my RP account and I got it without using their name - I have my own website. I just don't want to see it [LiquidNet, Ltd] plastered all over My customers invoices or in the control panel - that's not anonymity, that's not private label.

Here is a factoid. We pay 40-50% of our retail to RP. We pay .50 per month, per plan to have them support our customers. What is free about that? Add in domain names, hosting costs and private DNS clusters and you are well past FREE. The only thing free about it is the account registration.

Its like I told Kalin today. This could be the reseller program to end All reseller programs - if done right - there would be no need for a cPanel program because EVERYONE would win. As it stands, there really is no value in it for the reseller. Think of it this way. How would you feel if your government taxed your earnings so they could take 50%? Your earned $50,000 but after taxes you have a measly $25,000 left. They say "hey, we have a deficit" or, "gotta provide services to everyone - even those who don't work." Granted, not a great analogy but, it is no better and no worse than the buy vs. build comparison I got today.

So in short, If I had over $3000 in sales this year I would actually end up with approx. $1,600 - and that does not include my domain names [$16.00] , hosting [Enterprise], Private DNS Cluster [$20] and any other expenses.

Is
                  Private Label or Anonymity too much to ask for? I had to have paid for it by now, haven't I?
                  Last edited by MacCheesy; 31-10-2007, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MacCheesy View Post
                    Most here do not need the advantage, myself included. Consider it tooting my own horn but, I have over $1,300 sitting in my RP account and I got it without using their name - I have my own website.
                    While I can understand your concerns, what i cannot understand is that if you are successful as you say you are, why are you even bothering with RSP. In another thread, you claimed that you have been unhappy with RSP for 3 or 4 years (ever since you started with them). So anyway, what I cannot understand since you are successful and since there are so many other private label hosting accounts you can buy elsewhere that you have to pay a monthly fee for and that are probably better than RSP, why have you chosen to stay with RSP for 3 or 4 years???

I'm not trying to fight or argue here, I am seriously wondering and wanting an answer here because after having read through the whole RSP forum now (well, not the whole forum but all parts pertaining to the RSP free reseller accounts), it seems that there are a lot of RSP resellers who are unhappy with issues such as anonymity and server up-time/server maintenance/server problems YET these people seems to never leave RSP !!! ???????

Can someone please answer this question?

I have my own theories, but I would like to hear others.

None of this makes any sense to me. Sure, I understand that it would be a mess, if not kind of impossible to move your RSP clients to other servers with another PL hosting company, however, in the end this would be worth it for your company and your reputation. No? At the very least you could leave RSP and take all new customers to a new PL reseller host. No?

Confused as HELL here.
                    Last edited by Guest; 01-11-2007, 06:39 PM.

Comment

i agree

Hi,
                      Inarguably i can say that RSP charges more from us. Also the word 'anonymity' is just for kidding. with price of one plan u can buy your 'own' hosting site+killer template++. only matters payment gateways-but paypal, plimus etc are there to do.
                      net savvys can search for s*p*mecenter through any search engine and reach rsp sites within short time. all sites with same 'news' feeds (is this anonymity?)- offering different prices for almost same packages (corpo n busines)
                      checking webmail is another headache..cant change cname values for domains..
                      only big plans say more than 5GB is better with rsp. 1gb linu*x with cpanel*11 is available from 35usd per year with unlimited domains..with private namservers too...so y rsp...

i sent payment info yesterday (western union) and still my wallet is not refilled. wat hapened to rsp finance dept? how can we renew domain n hosting plan which is about to expire if our walet is not refilled on time?

thinking about serious 'own' hosting..

Comment

Originally posted by San View Post
                        with price of one plan u can buy your 'own' hosting site+killer template++. only matters payment gateways-but paypal, plimus etc are there to do.
                        In a post in another thread I have listed some of the expenses associated having and running a merchant account of your own. While the initial expenses for opening a PayPal business account might be lower, in the long run payment-processing fees are a substantial expense you that you have to consider in the running of any online business.

all sites with same 'news' feeds (is this anonymity?)- offering different prices for almost same packages (corpo n busines)
                        It is quite unreasonable to expect us to provide different news feeds for each of the more than 66,000 resellers. On the other hand, many resellers have insisted on a live news feed that what inform their customers regarding new features and possible service interruptions, so it is quite unfair to bash us for offering it. Each reseller wants different features and while it is simply impossible to please everyone, you do have the choice of using templates that do not include news feed. With regard to the web hosting plans, you also have the choice of using plans of your own. Some of our most successful resellers have chosen not to offer the predefined plans at all.

only big plans say more than 5GB is better with rsp. 1gb linu*x with cpanel*11 is available from 35usd per year with unlimited domains..with private namservers too...so y rsp...
                        Sure, there are many cPanel reseller programs and it is possible to find one priced as low as you have quoted (although most cPanel reseller programs cost about this much per month not per year). How many customers can you place on such a plan though? Furthermore, do not forget that in this case you would have to take care not only about billing, but also about customer support entirely on your own as well. Customer support is quite an expense and tends to build up the more your web hosting business grows.

i sent payment info yesterday (western union) and still my wallet is not refilled. wat hapened to rsp finance dept? how can we renew domain n hosting plan which is about to expire if our walet is not refilled on time?
                        I do not see any reason to bash our Sales department here. Western Union is not the most convenient payment method. We offer it only as the last resort to clients or resellers that do not have absolutely any possibility to pay otherwise. Payments with Western Union can take up a few business days and the arrival of each Western Union payment has to be verified manually. There is only one person in the Sales Department with access to the Western Union account and obviously he cannot be available 24/7. This is why payments over Western Union take time until they are credited to your account and are a clumsy payment method at best. If you intend to pay with Western Union, you should so at least a week or two prior to your accounts expiration date, so that everything goes smoothly and your account is renewed before it expires. Or you may simply use PayPal, if you can, which would be much faster and more convenient.

thinking about serious 'own' hosting..
                        We cannot and would not want to force anyone to choose our free reseller program over any other reseller program available on the Internet. So if you decide to use another program, I can only wish you luck and better success with it.
                        Last edited by Milen; 02-11-2007, 02:15 AM.

Comment

The confusion should be in how your forum account managed to unblock my posts. Last I knew, you were ignoring me...

Never said I have been unhappy with RSP for 3 or 4 years... do point out that post for all to see, please. However, I have pointed out the pitfalls, as many have and continue to do. One of the reasons there is a forum. If you are going to point the finger, please look in the mirror when doing so.

Not sure why you feel I OWE you any explanations. I am not the only one posting threads questioning different aspects of the reseller programs... you have had your share of complaints too.

That being said, I have been corresponding with Kalin [and Nicolay] the last few days specifically regarding issues of anonymity, cPanel program, etc. My intention is to either move to the RP cPanel reseller program or, to another reseller
                          hosting provider all together. There are several reasons, the most important is the 40-50% that is taken off the top of every sale. IMHO, that's my sale, I did the work to get that sale and I deserve the majority of that $$. So, based on some of my suggestions, Kalin promised some changes to the cPanel program - none of which I feel I am at liberty to discuss here. That is up to Kalin, Nicolay or Milen to announce. ***EDIT*** Milen just announced the new cPanel program specs.

I made other suggestions to them today such as decreasing our wholesale costs to 25-35% and adding paid services such as:

1. Paid customer support where you would pay $10 a month to RP to handle support for customers - if you choose not to pay then You must support your customers
                          2. Changing the private DNS cluster fees from $20 a year to $5 a month
                          3. Adding additional services that could be resold such as SSL Certs, eCommerce colutions, etc
                          4. Combining the Free & cPanel reseller programs and offering Enom accounts at $5 a month while providing 3Gb of free space for us to host our hosting sites

It can be profitable for everyone... fact is nearly ALL cPanel programs are mirrors. This one does not have to be.

I guess I would have to ask you this... do you make money here? I would have to think that you don't. Because if you were making any money, you would not be so damn confused. Its not that no one, including myself, can't move... we don't want to Have to move and its safe to say that Kalin and Nicolay don't want use to go either.

Personally, I am not afraid to move my clients to another reseller hosting provider... my reputation was not built on the RP, D*uo*servers, LiquidNet, Ltd., or P*roperSupport names... its all been about building the services I provide around hosting. Hosting is just a small slice of the pie - 3/4 of my annual revenue is based on other services - I want more of my pie to go into my pocket... not RPs. If you have to question that, then perhaps you should reconsider your options.

I took the liberty of quoting one of your posts from another thread here so we can compare your thoughts... enjoy!

P.S. He who lives in glass houses should not throw stones...

While I can understand your concerns, what i cannot understand is that if you are successful as you say you are, why are you even bothering with RSP. In another thread, you claimed that you have been unhappy with RSP for 3 or 4 years (ever since you started with them). So anyway, what I cannot understand since you are successful and since there are so many other private label hosting accounts you can buy elsewhere that you have to pay a monthly fee for and that are probably better than RSP, why have you chosen to stay with RSP for 3 or 4 years???

I'm not trying to fight or argue here, I am seriously wondering and wanting an answer here because after having read through the whole RSP forum now (well, not the whole forum but all parts pertaining to the RSP free reseller accounts), it seems that there are a lot of RSP resellers who are unhappy with issues such as anonymity and server up-time/server maintenance/server problems YET these people seems to never leave RSP !!! ???????

Can someone please answer this question?

I have my own theories, but I would like to hear others.

None of this makes any sense to me. Sure, I understand that it would be a mess, if not kind of impossible to move your RSP clients to other servers with another PL hosting company, however, in the end this would be worth it for your company and your reputation. No? At the very least you could leave RSP and take all new customers to a new PL reseller host. No?

Confused as HELL here.

From another thread...

WOW! This thread and the forum in general is really opening my eyes. I am a disabled person looking to get a small home-based business started in order to help make ends meet. So I decided that maybe RSP would be a way to do this. I have come up with a niche marketing plan to sell hosting and site design. However, after reading this thread and also having read through the whole forum now, I am wondering if RSP really is the way to go. Seems like too much downtime. Too much maintenance and too many problems with the servers, it seems.

Too me it seems that this RSP free reseller stuff might be too good to be true.

I'll have to probably rethink my plan here unless I can be reasonably convinced otherwise. Just seems to me like it may be better to pay for reseller hosting rather than go with this free RSP plan. Anyone disagree at this point?

This sucks, to put it nicely.
                          Last edited by MacCheesy; 02-11-2007, 01:57 AM.

Comment

MacCheesy,

I do have you on my ignore list. However, Sometimes I DO unignore some of your posts in hopes that you might have something of value to input.

Alas, all you do is insinuate that if you are new to RSP and/or make no money with RSP at the present time, you have no business asking questions and whatnot.

Yes, I am new to RSP and therefore i make no money with RSP. I am holding out a bit until I figure out if RSP is good for me and my marketing and business plan. I am a disabled person that needs to start generating cash or else possibly go homeless. I know business is a risk, but I need to reduce my risks as much as possible with research and calculation.

Also, you have in fact said in another past post that you have never been really that happy with RSP since you started with them. I will not go back and find that post. I know it is true and that is all that I care about. You're just a snivelling liar anyhow and everything I say you spin so that you can look intelligent and in the right. There really is no point wasting time on you and your *****ic posts.
                            So, effectively, I shall keep you on my ignore list . The way I see it, after reading my eyeballs out on this forum, you are just a negativity lover and there really is no reason to read your posts. I doubt you make a dime wit RSP. You just love to say you do. Your main goal is to hang out on the RSP forums and bash RSP every chance that you get. You would even go out of your way and off-topic ot do so, I bet.

Comment

I don't lie... If you want, PM me your email address and I will send you a screen shot of my earnings to date.

Comment

Working...
                              X