Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE friendly urls

mydomain . com/?lang=en&action=aboutus&submenu=contactus

Can we have urls like this (www . mydomain . com/aboutus/contactus ) instead of the above mentioned one. Its important for SE rankings. In other words can we have search engine friendly urls for the store.

Regards,
    Waqar

I do not think that this would be done. The pages of the new templates are not static HTML. They are dynamic PHP content. This allows easier template modifications when necessary.

Comment

I believe you will need to have your own site for that.

Comment

It can be done, but would mean extensive editing of the most of the files that build the template sites, maybe it could be incorporated into the next template that is designed.

Comment

It could be done quite easily by using apache "mod_rewrite". The URLs in the hyperlinks on the pages would have to be updated, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
            I do not think that this would be done. The pages of the new templates are not static HTML. They are dynamic PHP content. This allows easier template modifications when necessary.
            it's Known that stores used dynamic contents and pages , but with using mod_rewrite , in htaccess file , it could be easily converted to a static urls for search engines and users .

Example :
            RewriteRule cat-(.*)-(.*)\.html$ sort.php?cat=$1&page=$2

this converts links like : http:// www . mysite . com /cat-2-1.html
            to :
            http:// www . mysite . com /sort.php?cat=2&page=1

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
              Turning dynamic urls into static can be done easily in mod_rewrite. I can provide you the mod_rewrite code if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by wmghori View Post
                Turning dynamic urls into static can be done easily in mod_rewrite. I can provide you the mod_rewrite code if it helps.
                I am sure that our developers are aware of this option. However, if they are not using it, perhaps there is a reason for this.
                I have passed the suggestion to our Marketing Department, but as always, I cannot guarantee that it would be approved and implemented.

Comment

wmghori, as far as I know the position of our system administrators about mod_rewrite has not changed. I will ask for an update, but you will probably get a reply on the matter faster, if you open a support ticket about it.

Comment

Hi wmghori ,

For the moment we do not have plans of using the mod_rewrite for changing the dynamic URLs in to static. Actually we do not have plans for changing the way we create the templates at all . If at some point our managers decide that such change will be worthwhile we will make sure to notify all of our resellers .

Comment

Hello,

Our Marketing Department has confirmed that there is a new website template system in development, which will also allow better SEO optimization.
                      The project has just been started, however, thus it will take a while. As soon as the new template system is ready for use, there will be an announcment at our website.

Regards,
                      Louisa

Comment

Working...
                      X