Descriptive Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descriptive Title

Am a US based web designer... I would like to learn more about web design/graphic design Servies and anything related.... Here i am sharing with you, some of the web-related details.

In my article on how to make Your Word Press Blog Search-Engine-Friendly, I mentioned some of the benefits of having the title of Web Design Services web page or at least the key portions of it as part of your URL. The main thing from that article that is relevant to the discussion here is, instead of naming your files "page1.html",

"page2.html" and so on, names them "title-of-your-webpage.html".

A filename with your title, or at least the main keywords from your title, serves at least 2 purposes:

When someone posts about your site in a forum or their blog, very often they'll just dump the URL into that post. If your filename is sufficiently descriptive, a reader looking at the post will be able to decide whether or not to click the link to visit your web page.

The link to your site containing the title also gives the search engines a clue about what your page is about. The hint, along with the text occurring on your web page, will help the search engine decide whether to return it in the results when someone searches for a relevant topic.

If you are an expert in this web design fields... and like to share the work details, please get me back soon.... Thank You
Working...
X