Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 New reseller wonders about what he is offering... - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New reseller wonders about what he is offering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New reseller wonders about what he is offering...

Hello,
    I have just signed up as a Reseller. I have been a freelance computer tech for about 15 years, with a bit of web page design and maintenance thrown in occasionally. I grew weary of sending my occasional web client to a host and/or registrar who gave me nothing in return (even when I signed up as an affiliate), so here I am. Not gonna set the world on fire, but hope to have some fun while adding a little to my income.

Now that I have forced that information on you, on to my actual question...
    It appears to me the control panel for my reseller site is not the same as the control panel for the hosting we are selling (duh, quite obvious isn't it), and likewise, the sites themselves are different. I would like to experience the actual hosted site myself before recommending it to my clients, the editing and uploading of pages, and the use and reliability of the email, control panel, and domain control. Especially the email.
    Can this be done with the free reseller site, or should I buy a hosting package and new domain name (at wholesale, of course) to get the feel of what I am offering? I am not ready to move my long time personal web site from my current host, but if this works out, I will most likely move it to here in the future.

I think I already know the answer, but I have been wrong before, so I am looking for input from you more experienced folks.

Thanks,
    Ed
    Known here as Phantom

OK, I posted prematurely. I have been reading more of the forum since making this post, and found my questioins were pretty well answered in otrher posts.
    Last edited by Guest; 24-03-2005, 03:22 PM.

Glad we could help.

Welcome, btw.

Comment

Dont concider me as experienced lol
      But you might want to purchase an plan at wholesale to experience what your clients will get.
      The control panel for your reseller site (other term: resellerpanel) remain hidden to your clients of course.

Its the webhost panel that your clients will be dealing with. This panel is developed by RSP themselves while other hosts are using cPanel, Plesk or maybe other well known panels to maintain their account.

I think that you ectually mean with "reseller site", your store?
      Your store is free to use and modified through your resellerpanel (hidden to your clients), They only see the output (template you chose)
      If you purchase a plan at wholesale, you might want to forget about your free site (store) and upload your own custom site (store) to attract customers.

And wish you goodluck!

EDIT: Can you imagine what a slowtyper I am?
      He found all the answers while I was typing!

Comment

Phantom, I am glad that you found the answers to your questions.

For any other new members that happen to stumble upon this thread. There is a demo of account of the web hosting control panel available here. It allows you to have a look and feel of the web hosting control panel, before making a purchase. Some of the features of the demo account, however, are disabled to prevent misuse by visitors with malevolent intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen
          Phantom, I am glad that you found the answers to your questions.

For any other new members that happen to stumble upon this thread. There is a demo of account of the web hosting control panel available here. It allows you to have a look and feel of the web hosting control panel, before making a purchase. Some of the features of the demo account, however, are disabled to prevent misuse by visitors with malevolent intentions.

you should disable ticket support to i noticed alot of "testers" have posted
          in it unless you already have disabled it

Comment

ooooooooh demo account have been disabled? oh well

Comment

Working...
            X