Innodb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innodb

I need Innodb on the mysql database server. I would like to see this added and see how it can only help you guys in the long run.

What is it?

Comment

InnoDB provides MySQL with a transaction-safe (ACID compliant) storage engine that has commit, rollback, and crash recovery capabilities. InnoDB does locking on the row level and also provides an Oracle-style consistent non-locking read in SELECT statements

Read More...

Comment

Oh, I see okay. They should reply by the end of today, I'm guessing.

Comment

Currently, the InnoDB MySQL storage engine is not supported on our web hosting servers. However, I have sent a question to our CTO and senior system administrator whether it could be enabled.

Comment

I have received a response to the question about InnoDB that I have sent to our system administrators. According to them, database tables crated with the InnoDB storage engine do not support a repair option, which is crucial in case of a MySQL crash or restart of the service\server. This is why we do not support InnoDB storage engine for MySQL and do not plan to offer such support in the future.

Comment

Hearing that I guess I'm glad with what we got in place now.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                I have received a response to the question about InnoDB that I have sent to our system administrators. According to them, database tables crated with the InnoDB storage engine do not support a repair option, which is crucial in case of a MySQL crash or restart of the service\server. This is why we do not support InnoDB storage engine for MySQL and do not plan to offer such support in the future.
                Hi, I am needing to install a script that requires InnoDB. From what I have read on the Internet, InnoDB has crash recovery mechanisms?

Comment

Originally posted by syownet View Post
                  Hi, I am needing to install a script that requires InnoDB. From what I have read on the Internet, InnoDB has crash recovery mechanisms?
                  As far as I understood from our system administrators the crash recovery mechanisms of InnoDB are not particularly reliable, so we so not plan to support InnoDB storage engine for MySQL.

Comment

Working...
                  X