Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Marketing Site Studio - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing Site Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I throw post (addressed to me) away when I don't know the sender, or when its look commercial, unless I think there is something I need to know inside it.

Feeling there is something usefull (like bookmarks) will save such a letter ...that's why I like WebGirls tip.
    BTW her tip for writing, I use it verbally as well.
    I don't talk about my merchandise but about (possible) customers-problem(s) (which could be solved with my merchandise) ...and when the time is right, i just drop that I know more about it or they can get it via me.

Voila, they come back to me (unfortunately not resulting to sales ....YET).
    But now they know I want to help them (and not only selling my stuffs).

Comment

Good morning possums!

[It's an Australian term of endearment ... honest!]

Well my ears are red, my face was getting pinker by the minute reading your posts ... I'm so pleased you enjoyed my post! And hey, it's great having fun in our posts, makes everyone seem more real! Thanks for thinking I'm *nice* ... I'm a cheeky possum who loves to laugh and spends wayyyyyy too much time online, hahahaha.

Daniel, thanks for telling me about the new template!! I missed that! Good job.

Robobogirl? hmmmmmm .... nicesite4webgirl? hmmmmm will give these some thought haha

Please keep me posted on your progress with using these tips. Even if you don't want to make bookmarks, putting a potential domain name in the letter gives the reader the warm-n-fuzzies, like you really care about helping them get online. And you're right Daniel, it's worth a shot, and we learn from trial and error.

Another suggestion [here she goes again!] is to approach a couple of charity groups [or non-profits] and offer them lowest price you can, to help build their website. [I did this with a couple of art groups.] Then write a Press Release about how you're helping the community etc etc.

Contact sporting clubs [hockey, football etc - or any specialty group] with a *special* price for the club's website if they let you advertise for free in their newsletters, and maybe a slightly discounted price for their members - less than they can see on your website. This way you get continued free advertising in their newsletters, and their membership base will pass on the delight when they get their own websites ... to other members and the community at large.

And hey - I should practice what I preach! I've got a list of groups to approach and I'll get those letters written this weekend.

Ciao ciao boys [and I mean that in the nicest possible way], have a fabulous weekend!
      Cheers
      WebGirl

Comment

I've done some pro-bono work for non-profits in the past, but always felt guilty about asking to put my logo on their sites - so I didn't. However, a press release is a great benefit to both me and them - thanks again for another wonderful idea!

Comment

nicesite4webgirl ... sounds promising ... i'll check for you if it is still free ....and YES it is. And robobogirls as well

I use the service below,
          http://www.whois.sc/
          Last edited by Guest; 01-10-2005, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Hey Daniel, Perhaps you could talk to the non-profit group first and see if they are ok with your press release, and once they see it will give you both some publicity I'm sure they'll be fine with it.

And don't forget to contact local radio stations with the same press release - they might get both you and the non-profit on the line, which would be a great exposure.

nicesite4u ... think I'll hold off on buying any more domains for now I'm a bit of a domainaholic haha, I own wayyyyy too many from all my great *ideas* and schemes I hatch ... all waiting waiting for me to build on them, sigh

WebGirl

Comment

WebGirl your marketing ideas are superb. I think I may even have to give it a try....By the way for you or anyone who is doing the snail mail marketing, I am curious to know, how many do you typically send out verses how many actually result in a jobs? WebGirl I beieve you have some really creative ideas! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Marketing statistics - tracking WHERE & WHEN

Plato1 - thanks for your lovely words! I've just been blowing your trumpet on another topic in this site, haha, mutual admiration society, indeed!

You've hit on a very important marketing issue ... who tracks WHERE their clients come from?

I'm a self-titled database queen [and FileMaker Pro developer] - I lurv databases and gathering information, so when I get a new client, and add them into my client database, I checkbox the WHERE FROM? field.

This should include which website they saw you on, which article they read about you [online and offline], which flyer they picked up in a cafe or at an event etc etc.

A crucial thing to track is not just the WHERE but the WHEN. Which date was the ad or the article? When you make a leaflet, brochure or flyer, always put a little unique code on it - this will help you to track WHICH marketing exercise paid off the most.

If you don't have a database, create a spreadsheet and track your marketing efforts/client signups so you can see results over time, about which effort worked the best. Which ad text? Which flyer? Which article brought more people to your site? Used in conjunction with your web stats, you'll have powerful data to help decided which marketing strategy to use next time.

Web Girl!

Comment

Working...
                X