No announcement yet.

Make Default Store Domain The URL To Log In To The Control Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clivejo, I appreciate you bringing the discussion back to where it ought to be focused: which is on possible solutions.

Apparently my honest opinion to Tom's initial suggestion has ruffled some feathers. No disrespect intended.

RSP "understandably" wants to ensure that clients will always be sent to "working links."

So RSP is not yet ready to give us resellers the ability to control where the "variable" is linking in the automated emails sent to our clients.

Resellers "understandably" want to be given the ability to change this "variable" and control where it is linking: which ought to be the resellers homepage or login page of their custom site. Reinforcing the resellers brand among many other benefits I have already mentioned.

As I have said, RSP developers working on a "variable" to change the link in these emails is a step in the right direction. This is good and I appreciate their effort. RSP is doing a lot of great things to improve their system.

A possible compromise, as I have already mentioned several times in this thread, would be to set it up as a "Custom Email Notification Service" that resellers should meet "certain criteria" in order to "activate" the "service" and thus be able to change where the "variable" is linking. Similar to meeting certain criteria to activate the RSP API. I've gone into great detail on this possible solution.

If Tom has more to add and/or mentions that this "variable" could pave the way for such a compromise in the future then that's great. However, in the meantime, I certainly don't want the main URL to my site being redirected in these emails to some other URL. And I won't use the term "hijacking" as yav0r will get all excited again. I want to try and keep the discussion focused on possible solutions not I and yav0r going back and forth getting nowhere.

I hope my "honest" opinion and feedback has helped you Tom (no disrespect intended) and I'm all ears to anything new. Thanks clivejo: you touch on many good points in this forum.

Last edited by Tom Alexander; 28-08-2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Yes, I would also like to thank 'clivejo' for getting the post back on track, because I am sure many resellers are interested in Terry's suggestion and would very much appreciate any changes RSP's can adopt, where possible, to increase resellers anonymity.

Resellers do understand the many difficulties RSP must face in achieving this within the bounds of their overall operating system, but often resellers feedback and ideas can give birth to great changes and improvements.

Lets hope this is another example

Last edited by index.html; 27-08-2015, 02:38 AM.

Comment

We are all on the same team here! We just coming at it from different angles. I really dont think you have ruffled any ones feathers. yav0r speaks his mind and I admire that quality about him, he doesn't sugar coat things just because I may not like what the reply is. I have been with many companies who "say what they think you want to hear" and that leads to broken promises and disappointment. For me I need to know the hard facts and make my decisions on these.

Truth be told I have been thinking about the situation myself. Ideally Id like to have the control panel accessible within my own resellers site and I assume this is what you would like to see as well. However, I can see why RSP need to do it the way they do it, due to the way security certificates work. But lets not get angry with each other over it.

In the past I have used iframes to display the content of a website inside a page, but this is a bad idea and will usually trigger browser warnings(secure content inside an insecure page)

Another idea was to secure my resellers site with an SSL cert and use CURL to grab the 3rd party site and inject it into a page which appears to be coming from my resellers site. Basically this idea works by your customer establishing a connection to your reseller website. The server then opens up a https connection to the login form and passes the details your customer supplied. The output is then relayed back and injected into the page your customer sees. Basically your reseller site is acting as a proxy, but from your customers viewpoint they are only dealing with your resellers site. I wonder would Tom and Yan be able to offer advice on this idea. Would it work for one!?!

Comment

Clijevo,

"We are all on the same team here!" - I agree.

If I didn't like the RSP system so much then I would not be taking so much time on this forum to contribute my thoughts and thus generate so much interests in order to hopefully bring about 1 simple change in "automated emails" that are sent to my customers.

"yav0r speaks his mind and I admire that quality about him, he doesn't sugar coat things just because I may not like what the reply is." - SAME HERE.

So we both speak our minds, thats great, but I "also" have tried to present "possible solutions." Remember my lengthy posts on perhaps setting up a "Custom Email Notification" service for resellers that meet certain criteria? Remember I mentioned possibly automatically reverting back to "working links" if the resellers site is no longer resolving or goes out of business? I also took the time to even provide images customized to help explain what I like to see happen.

And I didn't "sugar coat it" either when I made the following point to Tom's possible solution:

If your going to display my brands "main homepage URL" in an "automated" EMAIL "that I have no control over" sent to "my customers" and then "redirect" my brands "main homepage URL" in this EMAIL to another site/URL through the use of a "VARIABLE" that I "also" have "no control over" is "bordeline" -hijiacking- my brands "main homepage URL" to a certain extent. - I spoke my mind to Tom's suggestion and gave my honest opinion with no sugar involved. I clearly stated what I found was "good" and "bad" about Tom's suggestion. I also stated: "Tom, my comments are not meant to be discouraging."

"I really dont think you have ruffled any ones feathers." - I do not agree.

Yav0r basically got his feathers ruffled a little by me using the term, "hijacking." Yav0r, stated to me: "It is you who were implying that we would "hijack" your brand in a rather disrespectful manner..." No disrespect was intended. "IF" (yav0r likes the term "IF") what Tom was suggesting "WAS" implemented I would feel that my brands "main homepage URL" would be nearly "hijacked" to a certain extent "BECAUSE" I would have no control over both the automated email sent to my customers and no control over changing out the "Variable" to a different resolving link. This is valuable feedback about something that has not even been implemented yet! So again, no disrespect was intended.

"I have been with many companies who "say what they think you want to hear" and that leads to broken promises and disappointment." - I agree. I love RSP. Thats why I'm here using their platform.

Yav0r can speak his mind to me. I've got very thick skin. I can handle it. And I will respond if I feel the need to do so. I previously stated that I will not respond to 'yav0r' in this "particular thread" because I just wanted to get the discussion back on possible solutions and ideas. And yav0r has yet to present any? If he does, then that's great, I'm all ears! Yav0r is a very smart guy so I do value any possible solutions he could possibly present. But I don't want us going back and forth because he's upset that I used a specific term while giving my honest opinion and speaking my own mind.

Now lets get back on track:

Again clivejo, I appreciate your ideas and thought process.

You said: "Truth be told I have been thinking about the situation myself. Ideally Id like to have the control panel accessible within my own resellers site and I assume this is what you would like to see as well." - Good point, and your somewhat touching on internal ideas that I been thinking about and exploring which is one reason my site has not been launched yet. But it's not exactly why I started this thread.

Yav0r, mentioned: "why don't I just go with cPanel/WHM" and just do my own thing? True, I've used Cpanel/WHM a lot over the years and while I certainly know how to use cPanel for myself - it's not what I want for my customers. So I prefer the Hepsia CP for my particular target market. And RSP built Hepsia in house so I'd much prefer my customers get direct support from RSP rather than me invest a ton of money in providing end to end support myself. But I'm not going to be offering just "hosting and domains" to my customers. This is just one small part of the equation to having a successful presence online and the market is way to saturated to "just" be offering "hosting and domains." There are a lot of decisions people must make and you got to help them more than just providing an ability for them to be online.

I started this thread because I simply wanted to see if RSP could develop some level of "TRUST" in their resellers that meet certain "criteria" to enable that reseller the ability to send their customers back to the resellers custom site to login to their account - So I focused on the automated emails sent out to our customers. Not asking RSP to "literally" change the URL's and/or sever set up the Hepsia CP operates from.

"IF" (yav0r there's that word again) a reseller meets the requirements to activate the "Custom Email Notification" service then "TRUST" should now be established between RSP and the reseller that met the requirements. This particular trust is completely missing right now even for long time resellers.

So what I'm asking is something that all resellers would want to work towards achieving. Which is also good for RSP in the long run.

I've already figured out how to have a custom login that takes the user to a private account page that contains a link that automatically logs the customer into their Hepsia CP.

clivejo, like you said, frames is not a good idea. Your suggestion of using CURL or some other means to inject the CP into your site is interesting, but I believe it would be best to just have a link within a private customer account page that automatically sends and logs the client into their Hepsia CP. There would be a lot "less" changes needed from both you and RSP.
          Last edited by Tom Alexander; 28-08-2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X