No announcement yet.

Make Default Store Domain The URL To Log In To The Control Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clivejo, I understand where your coming from. I'm not a developer for RSP and nor am I apart of their management. So obviously I cannot view the big picture from their business or code perspective. But the customers "user experience" ought to always be apart of that "bigger picture." And I, you, and a lot of other resellers can see that one very clearly.

I've taking the time to write a good amount information to hopefully help out as much as I can. Just from running several of my own businesses I do understand "certain" complexities behind such an implementation. However, if RSP chooses not to work towards this implementation then I hope they provide as just a detailed response as to "why" as I have done to explain "why not."

Tom is a good guy and has been very professional answering my support questions. I don't await a reply with "bated breath." I'd like to stay a little more positive than that. Good or bad I look forward to any updates from RSP to learn more about their system and "reasoning." Anything I can learn will help shape the direction of my own custom development to hopefully provide the best possible experience for my customers. All I can do is try to help out, become more knowledgeable in the process, and maybe even help others.

If this does help all other resellers to learn more, then thats great! I knocked out 2 birds with 1 stone.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Tom Alexander; 28-08-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Very good idea Terry, presented in well written very detailed posts. I fully support this and hope RSP can make the required changes.

Comment

I have a very good idea how to make this work!!!

We are testing it today.

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Tell us more Tom!!

Comment

On a excitement scale of 1 to 10 clivejo's excitement level just hit 15... anyone got him a zannex

Comment

I thought Tom might need a hand testing is all

Comment

index.html, I appreciate your support and all those who have shown interests in what I have written.

clivejo, now that is the kind of excitement I like to see. Much more positive.

donerite, now lets not push to many pills at clivejo. He'll be just fine. LOL.

Tom, thats great news! Ideas are what it's all about. Proper testing is what helps shape those ideas into reality. There are a lot of talented and smart people working at RSP. I have certainly learned a great deal from them in the past two years. I look forward to hearing what you guys come up with.

Comment

There are a lot of talented and smart people working at RSP.
                  You didn't see the slippy floor incident then!

Comment

hehehe!!! That's what you call it huh? Beta Testing Done that a few times in my past... Beta test of my language is what it was hehe

Originally posted by yav0r

That was NOT an incident... It was extensive beta testing of the new office and the job the floor waxing company did ))) I shall say nothing more

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post

You didn't see the slippy floor incident then!

clivejo, yes I saw it. He almost made it. LOL.

yav0r, it's nice to know just how "extensive" the testing is at RSP. You guys will test even the floors you RUN on ))))))) LOL.

Comment

Hello.

Just a quick update on this request.

Our Developers are working on a VARIABLE that will allow us to implement the change in the E-Mails.

It is not a big change, however I think that this way both - the Resellers will be happy and also we will ensure that the clients will be always redirected to working links.

It is an idea I got from the way WHMCS are handling these E-Mails and basically it is linking the Reseller's Domain to the Server's Shared address.

So for example:

http://forum.resellerspanel.com/file...5&d=1438050550

Login to your account here:

where the link would be:

HTML Code:
                        <a href="https://us.cloudlogin.co/">https://your-store.com</a>
                        or:

Best Regards,
                        Tom.
                        Last edited by Tom Alexander; 28-08-2015, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Tom,

I appreciate you working with your developers to implement a "VARIABLE" that can change the URL in the emails, but with all due respect what you are suggesting is "not" what I was hoping for.

It's "GOOD" the RSP system is being "adjusted" so that URL's can be changed in the emails, but quite frankly I don't want the URL to my website to be used to redirect my customers to a completely different URL/Site/IP.

Example is my brand and a United States Trademark. https://example.com is my brands URL. I don't want my customers clicking on my brands URL and then be taken to a completely different URL. This is decieving to my customers.

Trust me, I love a lot of things RSP is doing, but what your suggesting is borderline hijacking my brand/trademark to a certain extent. If my users/customers both "SEE and CLICK" on https://example.com - then they should land on https://example.com - No if/ands/or buts about it.

It all goes back to trust. A true partner/vendor relationship. I have yet to launch Example as we are still in a "deliberately" slow development process, but by you stating: "we will ensure that clients will be always redirected to working links" tells me that setting this up as a service (as I have suggested) that certain resellers must "qualify" for is not something RSP is currently interested in implementing as of yet. So I'll have to adjust my development accordingly. It's your platform so I must adjust.

If this is currently the best that can be done, then I'd rather RSP keep things as is. So we are basically back to square one. But at least we are not deceiving the user with respect to what URL they will end up landing on.

If https://us.cloudlogin.co/login/ is where the user is ultimately going to end up, then please show them that URL in the emails like you currently do.

Otherwise, please "eventually" implement something that resellers must "qualify for" and be "activated" so that "my" customers are sent back to "my" site to log in - which I believe (based on the many supportive comments in this thread) most resellers agree is the best solution for their business.

Tom, my comments are not meant to be discouraging. I'm just being honest. When it comes to my brand. I have to be very honest as I have personally invested a good bit of time, effort, and money in my brand.

I love RSP and don't have any plans of going anywhere else. I very much appreciate any time RSP has invested in my thoughts and ideas. Just the act of simply listening to your partners is a sign of a great company.

Comment

yav0r,

I understand exactly how things work. I already know what your talking about. Been working with RSP system for over two years. You need to go back and read each of my posts. You mention the cPanel/WHM offer, but you fail to explain why RSP offers:

-Private DNS Clusters
                            -RSP API
                            -Remote Forms
                            -White Label Support
                            -Advertises: "maximum reseller anonymity" under the "free reseller program."

Again the above is ALL offered as part of the free reseller program, "NOT" the cPanel/WHM program. Seems to me RSP is trying "very hard" to offer resellers many "options" to have a "custom" and "completely branded" set up under the "free reseller program."

yav0r, if you go back and "read" very carefully each of my posts in this thread you'll find that I very clearly understand how things work and I took a good amount of time explaining what I, and apparently many other resellers have agreed in this thread would help their reseller business.

And yes, sending emails to "my" customers that show my main sites URL: https://example.com that when clicked on "redirects" my customers to "us.cloudlogin.co" is nearly hijacking my brand. The customer bought services from "my" sites URL so they should be sent back to "my" sites URL to log into their control panel. It's what any logical customer would expect. Period. It's how most sites on the internet that offer "services" work (obviously I'm not allowed on this forum to mention example competitors etc....).

You see yav0r, you don't "understand" the bigger picture: perhaps there are resellers that want to offer "more" than "just" hosting and domains. Perhaps there are resellers that want to offer design and/or consulting services as well. Perhaps resellers always want customers to be sent back to their main site to login to a custom area that then also gives them one click access to their control panel. Perhaps there are resellers that "prefer" the Hepsia Control Panel over cPanel/WHM. I'm trying to design something that is easier for the customer to understand and use. I've already built a custom domain search and add to cart functionality that is way more user friendly and "responsive" using the RSP API.

Furthermore in a reseller ticket I opened with you, yav0r, you state: "this request has been made quite often for the past 10 years but so far our developers have not made such a functionality" (see image attachment if you forgot). So if it has been requested so often, then are you saying that I and all other resellers for the "past 10 years" are "not aware of how things work?" Now thats "rather ridiculous" on your part.

I don't appreciate your comment about me: "And thus you would have to adjust only to your own high standards." - No I just work hard at what I do and just want the best possible experience for my users.

No, I can't currently fully invest in end to end hosting support for my users because I'll be too busy differentiating myself by offering other helpful services to my customers besides just hosting and domains. Hosting and domains is just one small part of the equation. The market is way too saturated and competitive. So I feel for now that it was best left in the hands of RSP to offer hosting support to my end users. However, your attitude towards me is one that makes me question whether or not I want you, yav0r, in particular answering any support questions for my customers.

I have done nothing but praise RSP throughout this entire thread, go back and read it. Stating that I am not "happy" with the "current" setup is completely unfounded. I'm just trying to help make one very small aspect of the "system" better for all resellers. Not just myself. If it can't be done, then it can't be done. I'll adjust my development and move on. If I feel I'm treated disrespectfully then I'll move on completely. I've got no time for that.

Yav0r, you're not making much sense, and your sarcasm towards "valuing my suggestions and feedback" is quite noticeable and not very
                            professional.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-cp.resellerspanel.com 2015-08-26 00-28-19.png
Views:	238
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	61148
                            Last edited by Tom Alexander; 28-08-2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

yav0r,

First off, "IF" is the biggest word in the dictionary. I like to go by facts. The fact is that throughout this forum thread I have done nothing but praise many aspects of the RSP reseller system and the Hepsia Control Panel in particular. I have not shown enough discontent for you to even make a "IF" statement regarding otherwise.

I understand there are redirections everywhere. Trust me I know. I knew I couldn't "realistically" ask for RSP to change their entire system for me. The redirections you mention are not that big a concern to me. I specifically chose to focus on the "automated" emails that are sent to my clients. Email sent to clients for support ticket replies and account renewals is very personable communication and is often the first "redirection" the customer will experience "especially" if you build a custom site with your own checkout process and then manually add the customer in your RCP.

Why not send the customer back to the same site they purchased from to log into their Hepsia Control Panel in these emails? Regardless if or what redirections happen "after" they login. At least after they login now they'll see my logo in the Control Panel etc.... By the way, where is my logo at
                              https://us.cloudlogin.co/login? There isn't one and there currently isn't even an option for me to add one either. RSP should make https://us.cloudlogin.co/login just a page that has my logo and the login form, that's it. No Hepsia Introduction video with an English accent that is clearly not me etc.... Just my logo and a login form is all there should be.

Your Paypal analogy is not comparing apples to apples. Furthermore pay attention to what you said: "because clients chose Paypal for a payment option and were redirected to their payment URL." In this instance the user "chose" their 3rd party option. Tom's suggestion was to send "automated" emails to my clients where they are not "choosing" anything for themselves. He suggested using my brands main URL in an "automated email" and then "redirect" the user to us.cloudlogin.co. I have "never" seen "any" situation where an automated "transactional/system type email" is sent out to clients who purchased from a hosting company and the "Main Homepage URL" of the site they purchased from in the email "redirects" the customer to a different Site/URL. I would argue that in this instance, the client would think that example, got bought out or the main https://example.com URL no longer resolves to the main example homepage anymore! In an email like that it would create great distrust and certainly cause great confusion to the user.

Say I got a sign up email from RSP and it had the https://resellerspanel.com homepage URL in the email and when I clicked on it I was "redirected" to some other URL/site that I have yet to see, purchase from, or know about I would certainly think that some hacker just "hijacked" their URL and thus their brand etc...Thats my opinion and I think many resellers and especially ordinary clients would agree. Especially those who value their brand.

Look Yav0r, I've made a small and simple suggestion of a change that I believe would help many resellers and "EVERY" reseller that has responded to my suggestion in this forum thread has "agreed" my suggestion would be great if it can get done as I described it, NOT as TOM or you has suggested thus far. It is a suggestion that has been requested for "10 years" by resellers according to your "own words" in an actual support ticket I had already opened with you.

Yav0r, you contradict yourself by stating: "Here in the forum we are used to everyone speaking their mind and constructive criticism." I don't fail to see that. I got the "notion" a long time ago. Just because I haven't had a forum account doesn't mean I haven't been reading through the forum through the years. After getting nowhere with you in an actual support ticket I specifically opened my account on the RSP forum to speak my mind. I spoke my mind and stated that Tom's suggestion would be seen as "borderline" hijacking my brand URL or "nearly" hijacking my brand URL. I think a lot of others would feel the same way. I "also" stated to Tom that: "my comments are not meant to be discouraging." I provided "valuable" feedback to Tom's suggested solution and you "immediately" took it personal. I'm sorry you felt that way yarv0r (Yan). Nobody would even be trying to think of a possible solution if it was not for me starting this thread in the first place. And this thread I started has also gotten more attention than most threads in this forum.

Yav0r, you have been apart of this forum since June 2006. I joined just last month. And apparently it is you that through your own comments has shown that you can't handle "constructive criticism" or someone being "honest" and "speaking their mind." No disrespect to you either, but I'm done responding to you in this "particular thread" as just like in my past support ticket with you: it is going nowhere. If you want to present possible solutions to what I and others have been requesting for 10 years, I'm all ears. Thanks.
                              Last edited by Tom Alexander; 28-08-2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Alexander View Post
                                Our Developers are working on a VARIABLE that will allow us to implement the change in the E-Mails.

It is not a big change, however I think that this way both - the Resellers will be happy and also we will ensure that the clients will be always redirected to working links.
                                Tom,
                                Can resellers change this variable via the RSP CP and can the variable be for the entire link? In your example

Code:
                                [COLOR=#008000]<a href=[COLOR=#0000FF]"https://us.cloudlogin.co/"[/COLOR]>[/COLOR]https://your-store.com[COLOR=#008000]</a>[/COLOR]

Last edited by Tom Alexander; 28-08-2015, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X