DNS/E-mail cluster) issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS/E-mail cluster) issues

Is anyone else having issues with the new new DNS/E-mail cluster).

sites/emails not working with DNS/E-mail cluster.

Yes, our site has been inaccessible by the domain name for over 9 straight hours now because one of the nameservers in the dns cluster isn't working.. I called tech support and the person I spoke to seemed to have very limited knowledge of DNS and at first tried to say it must be my ISP until I told him I'd tested using servers in several different parts of the country and they all showed there was a problem with the ns2.domain.com name server. I'm not happy,

When I test or do a traceroute all tests from everywhere are showing the ns2 nameserver timing out. A traceroute to the ns1.domain.com nameserver is working fine, but this is the result I get when doing a tracert to the ns2.domain.com nameserver

4 85 85 86 85 ms [+83ms]

66.36.224.50 AS0
    IANA-RSVD-0 ge6-0-3.core1.sea1.hopone.net. 0 miles [+0] 252 US Unix: 2:42:35.310
    5 85 103 99 85 ms [+0ms]

198.32.180.38 AS0
    IANA-RSVD-0 gig2-0.sea-dis-2.peer1.net. 0 miles [+0] 251 US Unix: 2:43:20.538
    6 108 86 86 86 ms [+1ms]

64.69.67.81 AS13768
    PEER1 unknown.peer1.net 0 miles [+0] 250 US Unix: 2:43:20.600
    7 124 89 93 89 ms [+2ms]

216.187.88.202 AS0
    IANA-RSVD-0 gig0-0.sj-dis-a.peer1.net. 0 miles [+0] 245 US [Router did not respond]
    8 124 108 95 89 ms [+0ms]

216.187.88.250 AS0
    IANA-RSVD-0 paix-2-pos2-0.maxim.net. 0 miles [+0] 244 US [Router did not respond]
    9 123 89 93 89 ms [+0ms]

66.40.24.74 AS11388
    MAXIM vlan12.fmt6509-2.maxim.net. 0 miles [+0] 242 US Unknown: 807d3624
    10 * * * 99999 ms [+99999ms]

[Unknown] [Unknown - Firewall did not respond] 0 miles [+0]
    11 * * * 99999 ms [+0ms]

12 * * * 99999 ms [+0ms]

13 * * * 99999 ms [+0ms]

[Unknown] [Unknown - Firewall did not respond]
    [4 hops with no response:
    assuming we hit a firewall
    that blocks pings] 0 miles [+0]

Comment

I am also noticing today that I am unable to download any mail from mail.*************.com pop server. When I log into WebMail, it's all there. Yesterday things were working fine.

Comment

Why don't you guys use the new "Ticket System" in your reseller control panels? I have had good speed in the responses when I use that new reseller ticketing.

Regards,

Comment

I used the ticketing system in the reseller panel when I first noticed the problem . Still no fix. Our hosting site and nameservers have now been down over 13 hours...which lowers our network uptime to 98.2% this month and going lower with each hour.

Comment

I also used the ticketing system with no luck
            this is the only responce i got so far.

The issue requires the attention of a developer. I will sent this ticket to them and they will take a look at it. As soon as we have news on the case, we will post a comment in this ticket.

Best Regards,

you think someone would have posted some Updates or the eta to it being fixed

Comment

The issue requires the attention of a developer. I will sent this ticket to them and they will take a look at it. As soon as we have news on the case, we will post a comment in this ticket.
              That's the same message I received.

Our DNS/nameservers just started working again a few minutes ago so ours appears to be fixed now.

Comment

Hello everyone,

It seems that the problem is caused by a temporary IP routing problem in our datacenter. We've gathered an emergency team, which will deeply investigate and solve this issue. I've spoken with our senior administrators and they assured me that everything should be fine shortly. Things are getting better, please be patient!

Comment

Everything is back online now

thanks for telling all of us what the issue really was ..

Comment

I had the same issue as well.

Any of you notice that it affected your clients as well, since they couldn't resolve their sites by DNS -------

My first call was responded to by telling me they were doing a server maintenence. The second call I was told that it was my ISP.

I did place a support ticket in the mean time, I also received the developers ticket response.

Comment

I am having problems with the managed dns as well. My reseller site has been down for a day!

I am thinking I should have waited much longer for the bugs to be worked out.

At least my client sites are not down from this as they are not using my private addresses yet.

I have Managed DNS for years now and have transfered many sites over this time and know that it is possible to make changes to DNS and even change DNS servers without downtime so this is pretty disappointing.

And yes, I submitted tickets before posting here. I just needed to vent.

Comment

The private DNS has been having problems. Hopefully, now that your ticket is open, things will be resolved. The cases seem to be isolated, and I am sure by now the problems can be fixed pretty quickly.

Comment

rtcwls, "Help with RSP", the initial issues that were encountered with the launch of the Managed DNS service were resolved a while ago. As Nickolas has pointed out in earlier in the thread, there was another issue with the IPs provided for the Managed DNS service by our data center. The problem was that some of these IPs were unroutable, however this issue was resolved as well and is not related to the post made by rtcwls.
                          In case of rtcwls, he just needed to wait until the new DNS information has propagated around the Internet, which was pointed out by our support staff in the tickets opened by the reseller.
                          rtcwls, I want to make sure that by requesting that your domain name is pushed to your eNom account, you have not only lost the possibility to use the Managed DNS service that you have ordered, but also the DNS settings of your domain are overwritten with the default eNom DNS settings, which will render your site inaccessible, when the DNS propagation is complete.

Comment

Milen,
                            Since I started using the Private DNS service, my clients have problems redelegating their domains to my new DNS:es. If the client set "use my existing domain" at signup, and then initiate a domain redelegation with the registrar, then the registrar answers that the DNS servers are not configured for the domain.

If I then go into the client's control panel, delete the domain and then add it again - then the registrar accept the configuration and redelegation can be done.

I have a ticket open in the reseller support (#49040) but still the RSP support says "this is not an issue on our end at all".

Last edited by maxa; 14-07-2006, 12:28 PM.

Comment

maxa, judging from the latest responses in the ticket that you have quoted, my colleagues from the support team have acknowledged the issue and have forwarded the ticket to our developers. However, there is no response from the development team regarding this issue yet. Unfortunately, there is nothing much I can do about this other than send a reminder to the developers about this issue, which I will do.

Comment

Working...
                              X