No announcement yet.

Issues After Sign Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup in the hosting account, Thunderbird recognizes it but does not accept the password I put neither does outlook.

Reseller is telling me that I should not use the hosting email setup but the reseller email setup as the hosting is for clients.

Comment

Originally posted by mlstomer View Post
      Getting this error in Outlook:

Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.'

And this error in Thunderbird:

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: relay not permitted. Please check the message recipient and try again.
      Hi Guys,

Been having exactly the same problem - I can receive email OK to my store email but cannot send. Support tell me its my Outlook settings.

BUT

1/ I have NOT changed my Outlook mail setting for that store email account and it has been working OK for years!

2/ I can send and email from my sales@storedomain.com to sales@storedomain.com and all is OK. That to me says my Outlook setting are OK. The problem occurs when I try to send an email to any other domain beause it has to be relayed on to an address outside the mail server. My Outlook setting cannot affect that operation at all!

3/ I also downloaded Thunderbird as support requested - but same problem.

I am using a store email address setup in my RSP admin account and full DNS cluster. [support advise you should only use the stores emails from the RSP admin account]

I therefore use the sup reme center mail settings in and out and tried all ports - no success.

I have been back and forth to support for days on this issue and the ticket is huge. Support have always responded to try and help - but the issue remains unresolved, leaving me without email contact with my clients. They keep saying it must be Outlook settings.

If I am not the only one in this position - it still suggests to me that it must be a mail server issue.

But if you find an answer 'mistomer' please let me know.

Last edited by index.html; 07-03-2013, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Back on Feb 3rd I posted that i was having email problems now that we switched to the Chicago servers. It seems that the same problems that I experienced are the same that appear on this thread. Please see my former post.

Mine have been, for the most part solved, but am still having some recurring problems. There seems to be a combination of issues, at least with me, but I tried so many things that I can't give you an exact procedure to follow. I had errors ranging from password wouldn't authenticate to my email being blacklisted.

I have to agree with Index that this must be a mail server issue as I had not had any trouble before and I have been with RSP for years.

Comment

Originally posted by index.html View Post
          Been having exactly the same problem - I can receive email OK to my store email but cannot send. Support tell me its my Outlook settings.

I am using a store email address setup in my RSP admin account and full DNS cluster. [support advise you should only use the stores emails from the RSP admin account]
          Hi index,

Do you have the support ticket number please?

Comment

Well glad to know that I am not the only one with this issue.

Right now I think reseller has given up on me and tells me that webmail works so remote mail should work so basically their system works.

Even telling me to change computers and ISP.

I guess have to use webmail and forget outlook.

Comment

Working...
            X