Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 ZEND Optimizer v2.xx needed! - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZEND Optimizer v2.xx needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well maybe 1 day we will get it...as its a growning trend.
    For now we live without it

Comment

relevance?

Right. So I've read Arthur's explanation on what Zend is, but I'm still not so clear on why this Zend thing is so important. What relevance does it have to the way we as resellers do business here at present? Ergo, why do we need this thing called Zend? Which brings me back to the optimal question, "What in the heck is a Zend again?"

All reasonable inquiries welcomed...
      Last edited by Guest; 31-03-2005, 11:15 PM.

Comment

I just did a little research on Zend. In my search I found very few scripts that required Zend Optimizer to be installed. True, most of them were professional level eCommerce and support scripts. I also found a whole bunch of posts where people had issues with the installation and compatability of Zend. They even have a compatability issue on their home page.

It looks like Zend is really just necessary to run scripts that have been encoded with Zends code protection software.

In my opinion, you should send an email to the company selling the eCommerce script and let them know you are not buying it because they have their script encrypted with Zend.

I would also complain to Zend that they need to make a version of their decryter that can run in your files of a shared server.

The companies should know that they will lose business because their software isn't compatable with your server.

I'm not for it or against it, I just want my server to continue working.

DJ

Comment

Netzkep,

As resellers, we don't need ZO, but some of our customers, their web designers and me. Please read my previous post carefully, why I need ZO. I didn’t say “all resellers” need it.

Back to Milen’s post

“Last time we installed ZEND on one of our servers (not a SS hosting server), we were faced with some serious incompatibility issues with the other software installed on the server.”

May I ask or not, what is the “other“ software please? Is this Unix/Linux based operating system or your custom made scripts have caused the problem? I’m just curious. It’s good to know. Maybe one side is not going follow programming standards?

Let’s see who is using ZEND: http://www.zend.com/company/customers.php

Are they mad or irresponsible?

Anyway, as I make my living by selling services and implementing scripts, I have decided to upgrade my plan as a reseller on my other account with *****.net and placed my 2 new customers in there. I kept them on hold waiting for the decision about ZO. I will have to move another 2 from RSP away due to the same problem. Another one didn’t decide which e-commerce package to use. If X-cart, SunShop or VN2 then I’m in trouble again.

It’s good to know what to expect in future and what is the plan for RSP servers.

I will be still here with my customers, who don’t need anything advanced and RSP will be more than enough for them. And I still like this RSP idea and I’m very grateful for this. The only shame is – monies are going somewhere else. I’m talking about big monies

Thank you Milen for your explanation.

Regards
          Arthur

Comment

So this Zend thing is just another one of those software products trying it's best to catch on and make it to the general populus? And we are doing just fine without the added headaches thus far, correct?

I agree with DMHP, in that as long as we have our servers working as they should, why add a third party bit of software that seems to be in it's infancy stages at present. Plus, I'm pretty sure our admins prefer to use in house products and projects as much as possible.

Originally posted by DMHP
            I just did a little research on Zend. The companies should know that they will lose business because their software isn't compatable with your server.

I'm not for it or against it, I just want my server to continue working.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur
              May I ask or not, what is the “other“ software please? Is this Unix/Linux based operating system or your custom made scripts have caused the problem? I’m just curious. It’s good to know. Maybe one side is not going follow programming standards?
              The problem was not with custom made scripts, but with the way our servers are configured to run and execute certain standard web hosting software. This specific configuration is used for security reasons, but produces an incompatibility problem with ZEND Optimizer.

Comment

Arthur...

Is there anything I can help with?

Comment

Help from heaven!

I’ve got your email Kevin and I will come back to you tomorrow. Thank you for contacting me.

Regards
                  Arthur

Comment

Working...
                  X