Servers' actual location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servers' actual location

I am so far very pleased with the service - even though it has only been about 12 hours. support has been great in answering all of my questions. But I have one inquiry I wanted to just make that, although it isn't a big deal, kind of makes me feel slightly deceived.

According to this page: http://www.resellerspanel.com/cpanel...ta_center.html
    the servers for the cPanel Program are hosted in Fremont, California. However based on the time-zone setting of the server I am currently on (ALTAR3), as well as the location of the IP address given to me, and the traceroute locations, I have no choice but to believe this is actually inacurate and the server is actually located in Bulgaria. (The time zone also matches up with the time in Bulgaria).

Now granted this may be an innacurate assumption, but I thought maybe someone can clarify why the IP says it is located in Bulgaria, and coincidentally the time zone of the server is set to their time zone of Bulgaria as well.

Again, not a big concern if it is true, just curious why this isn't mentioned on the web site.

As always,
    ~ Kyle Bisignai

The servers are located in Fremont, California, but the IP addresses are registered in Bulgaria. Also, the time on the servers is indeed set to Bulgarian time; I imagine this is just for ease-of-use on the admin's end.

Comment

Kyle,

Daniel explained it right.
      Our admins are from Bulgaria.

Nick

Comment

Sounds good to me, thanks for the explination!

Comment

Working...
        X