X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cPanel...

Hi all,

Just have a quick question:

Why would I sign-up for the CPANEL program and pay $25 / month, for 5gb of space and 50gb of transfers while the corp plan that gives me more bandwidth and disk space for $80 a year? I know that I can assign the resources from Plan 1 into smaller plans, and I understand the amount of flexibility the cPanel program could afford me with the unlimited doains, etc., however I would not be able to allocate the resources promised under even 1 business plan while using a cPanel account. I would not be able to offer competitive plans to my customers from the same provider!

Am I missing something here???

Please advise.

thx.

Hi encore,

The Business and Corporate hosting plans are not reseller plans. They are examples of hosting plans that you can sell by using the free reseller program.

The main advantage to using the cPanel reseller program is that you have complete control over your clients, including billing, customer support, etc.

Comment

Ok, I underatand the difference between a hosting plan and the cPanel, however, let look at this sample:

I sign up for the $25 reseller acct. and start to create hosting plans - I would not be able to create plans that compete with the plans offered through the free program, correct? I am not alloted anything close to what the business and corp. plans are offering.

So is it to any benefit for me to sign more customers up for this? I would really like to able to have my own or my customer use CNAMES for thier NS and webmail, etc. to give them a simplified corp. look and feel. along with the private billing, etc.

It seems that by signing up for cPanel you get your identitiy, but no advantage when it comes to creating plans. I have already signed up customers under the free reseller plan and they have more customers for me, but they want a single brand, billing from one company, etc., and if i were to offer plans with less bandwidth and disk space than do you think these customers would sign up? Probably not.

And I definetly would not want to combine the services, as then some customers would have different services, views, billing, etc. which is not a good image to present either.

Any help, or guidance on this issue would be appreciated, because from the looks of it, this is not a good investment.

Thanks.

Comment

encore,

As you point out, from a cost perspective, it does not make sense. If cost is your main concern, definitely go with the free reseller program.

As for private nameservers, this is coming in another month or two to the free program.

Comment

A few word more:

The Free program allows you to sell entire packages (either the predefined Business and Corporate ones or those you create) without any investment on your side as a reseller. However, there are some price limitations here.

The cPanel program allows you to shape the package you have bought and sell it as smaller plans at any price you specify. You buy the big package from us and then sell it the way you like. No limitations here.

That is the main difference. Please do not make any comparison between the two offers as these are two entirely different programs. Each one has its own characteristics and way of functioning. You can simply choose the one that will suit you best.

Comment

Working...
          X