Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zip support in File Manager of Cpanel

Hi everyone!

I tried to upload ZIP-ed package of installation files with intention to unpack it trough File Manager, but I recieve message underneath it Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract. What is the version of GZIP or other package installed here on server? Reffering to this and this posts.

If I try to extract anyway nothing happens. I noticed that this affects the files that contain directories that already exist in directory. Is this a cause of problems, and if yes, is there a way to extract while rewriting existing files in existing directories, it's very needed as I have to regulary update some CMS-es and patches are rather several 100's of files ..

Thanks!

Bernard, in general, unpacking of compressed files on our cPanel server is possible only through SSH, due to security reasons. If you have used SSH, when you encountered the issue that you have experienced, then please open a support ticket through your billing account with us or send an e-mail with a description of the issue to cpanel[at]resellerspanel.com.

P.S. Unfortunately, I could not open the links that you have provided, since it appears that the cpanel.net forum requires a registration, not only for posting to the forum, but for viewing forum posts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen
      Bernard, in general, unpacking of compressed files on our cPanel server is possible only through SSH, due to security reasons.
      No, unfortunately we do not have SSH access here.

Security reasons? Hmm, as far as I know if someone gets access to someones cPanel of site - the UNZIP support is the smallest thing that we should be concerned, right? As I've used many other hosts as well, and am still administrating some accounts on other servers, I know that this works on other cPanels fine.

Yes, regulations of cPanel forum are so, but I thought you've got at least one open account there for tracking of security and other issues there ... well, the registration is free and I hope you can manage this and take a look at those articles handling exactly such issues as here

Comment

Are there any news about this because this feature is very usefull for my everydays admin work??

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard
          Are there any news about this because this feature is very usefull for my everydays admin work??
          I do not have any new/other information regarding your question. As I said in my previous post, decompressing of zip files directly on the server (other than through SSH) is disabled due to security reasons. Only system administrators can change this and I do not think that they will be willing to do this. If you need more information about this, then please follow the advice that I have given in my first post in this thread and contact the cPanel support team directly by opening a support ticket or sending an e-mail to cpanel[at]resellerspanel.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen
            ... decompressing of zip files directly on the server (other than through SSH) is disabled due to security reasons. ...contact the cPanel support team directly by opening a support ticket or sending an e-mail to cpanel[at]resellerspanel.com.
            OK, I will do that, but I have to admit that I still don't see no sense in calling ZIP support a security issue

Comment

OK, I will do that, but I have to admit that I still don't see no sense in calling ZIP support a security issue
              Since, you are stuck here, may I suggest www.net2ftp.com

You can upload and unzip. I think it should work here.

Comment

Thanks !

Comment

Thanks !
                  Your welcome

Comment

Working...
                  X