Altar 5 - Strange issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altar 5 - Strange issues

I'm having problems where files cannot be deleted. I have existing sites that do not allow me to delete files. I have created a new account that I used fantastico on to create a Joomla site. Then when I go to install anything, I find that the directories are unwriteable. I check the permissions and they are all set correctly. I'm not sure what is going on but it seems to be erring on the safe side I even tried renaming some files and they would create a new file with the new name, but would not delete the old file!

Summary:
    1. Cannot delete files
    2. Folders are reporting not writeable in Joomla
    3. Cannot rename files

Only thing the server reports is that the CPU useage is high.
    Could this cause such strange responses? I have a question in to Tech Support but I still haven't heard anything.

Thanks for any help you all can give!
    Thomas

----
    http://www.KustomHost.com
    Last edited by thomas; 04-09-2006, 05:14 PM.

Still Strange

Ok, I let it rest overnight. Now the directories are writeable but I still can't delete any files. I can create new files, but nothing can be deleted. The server is no longer showing that the CPU is overworked. I'm really at a loss regarding what is going on.

Any ideas? Did the 24x7 support go home for the holiday? I believe everyone deserves a holiday, but I was under the impression that there was 24x7 support. Just wondering?

----

Comment

OPEN LETTER about "No Communication"

I have posted this before and I would like to try once again to make an impact on ResellersPanel's customer service.

SCENARIO
      I have waited patiently all weekend to find out what is going on with the servers. This morning (Tuesday) I come in and find that all of my hosted sites are down.

I can't get into the system to create a support ticket. So this time I call Tech Support (Long-Distance). Turns out that they have had a need to move everything over to a new server.

I'm guessing that my problems over the weekend are related.

This means that they discovered a problem and then quietly began moving things over to a new system.

COMMUNICATION
      In my dealings with ResellersPanel, I have found that they usually respond very quickly to my emails and thus I have patiently put up with 3 down times in one month.

Frustrated - However, I have yet to see you (ResellersPanel)take the initiative to imeadiately contact me with a notice regarding the nature of the problem and what you are doing to fix it.

I'm not concerned that you have problems. That is part of life. Some will be by incompetence, intentional harm by outsiders, and planned in order to fix other issues. However, it is not right to advertise that I can resell your space and build a client base only to have you NOT communicate with me regarding this space. I need to know first so I can communicate with my clients.

STRUCTURE NOT IN PLACE
      I understand this happening once. Maybe you don't have the structure in place to quickly email a mailing list that all customers on a server belong to. But 3 times means you are not taking advantage of the UP-Time to plan for the DOWN-time. When it happened the first time, as soon as it was fixed you should have:
      1. created a mailing list and put all our names on it
      2. (At Minimum) you should be ready to report to the Forum that is FOR THIS PURPOSE!

EMERGENCY ISSUES IS NOT AN EXCUSE
      I know the response will be, "This was an emergency. We had to move quickly in your best interests." And I appreciate the fact that these do happen. But an email to a mailing list takes all of 2 minutes. There is no emergency that can't allow for a quick email. And if there is, are there not other employees who could write the email even as work on the problem begins?

MOVING RESELLERS
      If there is no response to this and no steps are taken to create more satisfactory customer service, then in 2 months I will move to another resell plan. Please respond publicly to:
      1. what your policy is
      2. the best way for me to receive ADVANCED NOTICE to server issues

Thank you,
      Thomas Freeman

----

Comment

Humble Apology

I have heard back from Resellers Panel. They have encouraged me that they did send an email out 1 day in advance of the server swap over. I did not receive that email. I'm not sure if my spam filter caught it or what but some how I missed the scheduled down time. So, I humbly apologize for the above open letter. It seems there is a policy in place and an email was sent out.

Thanks to Resellers Panel for getting back to me.

Thomas
        ---

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
          I have heard back from Resellers Panel. They have encouraged me that they did send an email out 1 day in advance of the server swap over. I did not receive that email. I'm not sure if my spam filter caught it or what but some how I missed the scheduled down time. So, I humbly apologize for the above open letter. It seems there is a policy in place and an email was sent out.
          I heared this too, but didn't recieve ANY notices yet. As for all things You wrote - I just can fully support You in everything You said!

Comment

Working...
          X