Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontpage extensions

Hi,
    I did a search but did not find much on this subject...pardon, If I just overlooked it...

After reading a post or 2 on the cpanel forum, I am under the impression that cpanel will soon no longer support MS Frontpage extensions. It appears that Microsoft no longer supports any critical security uprades for Frontpage and thus some folks are finding themselves being so exploited. Is this fact true?
    If say, you were just starting out with the cpanel would any of you suggest that now is the time to not even offer the MSF extensions? Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated. thanks, and may God bless, Doug

Microsoft is dropping Front Page all together.

Since Microsoft is dropping support for frontpage, the exensions are also going away.

Besides, using FP extensions is like an open invitation for hackers.

Microsoft has produced their newest product Microsoft Expression Web or pro.

It's supposed to put Micorsoft back into the design area since it taylors more to W3C standards. It's still missing allot but it's a step forward. It connects to your site in much the same way that Dreamweaver and Zend and other design software does. Simply fill out the connection form in the software and it connects you to your hosting account.

So don't be upset that Frontpage extensions is going away. It's an asset, in the long run.

If you don't want to upgrade, or pay for another expensive program then download notepad++ from sourceforge.net and you'll be good to go. Unless you're obsessed with wysiwyg designing. Then you need something like Dreamweaver.

However I urge you to take this opportunity to learn CSS and PHP. That's the real wave of the future.

Comment

Thanks jpatrick for the input,
      I am getting pretty good with CSS and PHP that is a good tip. I was kinda looking at the frontpage extensions from the viewpoint of potential clients.
      I remember way back when Frontpage express was a part of the windows install...but I can;t remember what windows version it was... It was kinda there for a sec then disappeared....poof!!!...a full fledged Frontpage was out.
      I guess there are still some people around that use Frontpage and maybe will always use it...even if the extensions are gone and they have to Ftp the site. But considering that the extensions are soon to be done away with I feel that now is the time to not even offer them...especially a new hosting company. This most likely will save some headaches in the future. Thanks for your time and many blessings, Doug

Comment

Working...
      X