Server ip numbers blacklisted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server ip numbers blacklisted.

Some ***** on my shared server has spammed the server right to the big bad ip blacklist which means that everyone on that server has lost the ability to send email.

What happens now?

I just moved to this company over the weekend, do I find another host?

Do I change to a dedicated so that I don't have to worry about other hostmasters selling cheep hosting to email spammers?

private dns as an option?

would having private dns with a private IP fix this?

Comment

At us such often happens...
      Write to owners black lists, about that they have removed you.
      And in general, it is better to take dedicated IP

Comment

Actually this usually happens if the so called "*****" has set some forwarding to his gmail/hotmail/yahoo/comcast account and they are filled with SPAM messages in no time. So the free mail server considers the SPAM as coming from our mail server and we get black-listed...

My suggestion is quite simple and yet effective: use your ISP's mail server in your Outlook settings

Basically, blacklisting lasts for just 24-48 hours but this is the best way to avoid any inconveniences during the time it gets resolved. It is really important to remember that no one is guilty - the user never knew this could happen and the hosting company can't really forbid the setting of such forwardings.

Comment

Working...
        X