Where are the FREE website templates, billing software, eNom account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the FREE website templates, billing software, eNom account

Hi, I have recently signed up for a cPanel reseller account.
    I have accessed my WHM panel but can't find any reference to the following services provided with my account. Could you please let me know how to access these services and where to download
    the reseller tewmplates so I can customise them.

FREE website templates
    FREE billing software
    FREE eNom account

I have used the live support but they said none of these services are available until after the 30 day moneyback guarantee. I find this a little odd because this means I can not use the reseller template or the billing software.
    I can understand the eNom account not being available to me until after the 30 days but I am at a loss to understand why the templates and billing software are being withheld until then. I did not see any reference to these free services not being available when I signed up.

Can anyone please shed any light on this
    thanks

Originally posted by davejh View Post
    I find this a little odd because this means I can not use the reseller template or the billing software.
    I can understand the eNom account not being available to me until after the 30 days but I am at a loss to understand why the templates and billing software are being withheld until then. I did not see any reference to these free services not being available when I signed up.
    The free extras that are offered with the cPanel reseller account are not provided until 30 days from the cPanel reseller account signup have passed, because we have encountered too many cases of abuse of the free services. We have had cPanel resellers sign up for as little as $3,75USD (the price of cPanel reseller Plan 1 with the special 85% discount of the price for the first month coupon), who have taken the free extras (which are not free for us, by the way) and left. Then we have seen the templates, for the development of which we have paid, sold on eBay and former cPanel resellers trying to use their eNom reseller account and billing software (which cost us money as well) elsewhere. To prevent the reoccurrence of such incidents, we provide the free extras offered with the cPanel reseller accounts only when 30 days from the cPanel account signup have passed and thus the resellers have demonstrated their commitment to using our services.

Comment

I personally did take advantage of the 85% discount and intend to stay after the 30 days are up. But during those 30 days I have to design my own template from scratch or buy one elsewhere, Install some good billing software purchased from elsewhere and arrange a reseller account for the sale of domain names from elsewhere.

So once I have done all this after the 30 days if I want to use the free services I have to basically start again from scratch. The free services are an inducement to purchase the cPanel and as such should be made available immediately the account is created.

Not everyone is dishonest and maybe this should be taken into account when offering such inducements or indeed not offer them at all.
      Last edited by davejh; 09-07-2007, 10:58 PM.

Comment

davejh, most resellers do not get many customers during the first 30-days after they have signed up for the cPanel reseller account, so I do not think it would be this hard to bill these customers manually and add them to the billing system later. You can also order domains at $8.00 per domain per year (for .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info and .us domains) through the cPanel reseller account order form (choose the "Domain Only", option and enter the username for your existing account at the bottom of the order form) and use these domains for your customers' accounts. As for the account templates, please contact the cPanel support team by opening a ticket through your billing account with us or by sending an e-mail to cpanel[at]resellerspanel.com and they might make an exception for you and provide you with a download link for the templates, even though 30 days have not passed from your account signup yet. I will pass your suggestion about specifying the conditions for getting the cPanel reseller account free extras on the site to the company management.

Comment

Another confusing thing regarding disk space on cPanel Plan 1

The Specs are:
          5 GB Disk Space
          50 GB Traffic
          Host Unlimited Domains
          FREE Dedicated IP Address
          49 FREE Pre-Installed Scripts
          +2 GB FREE Space for Your Sites

Does the 5 GB Disk Space and 2 GB FREE Space for Your Sites mean we have 7 GB in total which we can use for all the sites I host including my reseller site? Or does this mean We have 5 GB for our own use, say for my reseller site and 2 GB for each site I host?
          Last edited by davejh; 10-07-2007, 12:11 AM.

Comment

It means that you have 5GB of disk space to resell to your customers and additional 2GB of disk space to host your own site(s).

Comment

I wonder if you could let people use the templates if they waived the 30 day money back guarantee.

You would have to wait untill they could not charge back on a credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by rcj662 View Post
                I wonder if you could let people use the templates if they waived the 30 day money back guarantee.
                We typically waive this requirement, if the reseller prepays for longer than a month of service.

Originally posted by rcj662 View Post
                You would have to wait untill they could not charge back on a credit card.
                If we waited for the credit card chargeback periods to pass, it would be better if we did not offer any free extras at all, since credit card chargeback periods are typically considerably longer than the money back period that we provide.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                  I will pass your suggestion about specifying the conditions for getting the cPanel reseller account free extras on the site to the company management.
                  davejh, I have checked and it turns out that the conditions under which the free bonuses are provided with cPanel reseller plans had already been included in the cPanel Agreement that you have accepted by signing up for a cPanel reseller account.

8. FREE BONUSES
                  A bonus collection, which consists of a billing software, website templates and an eNom domain reseller account, comes with each cPanel Reseller plan. All the bonuses are given out upon request by the customer, who must have used the ResellersPanel's services for at least 30 days.

Comment

Working...
                  X