cPanel Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cPanel Value

Hello, I am new to cPanel so I have a couple basic questions about the hosting packages/value

How can I compare the value of a 4.00/mo plan with 15gb of storage from the free resellers account to the very small plan at a higher rate that I would most likely have to offer with the cPanel program.

And also, why is space on cPanel such a lower number. Why can you offer 15gb hosting for 4.00 with the free program but I have to pay $25 per month and only have a total of 30 gb in TOTAL to sell to my clients.

I would just like some justification. I am sure there is an explanation, but I would like to know for both mine and my clients sake.

-Josh

p.s. I'm new, be nice.

First of all, your cost for that 15GB plan would be $4. That's not retail.

That being said, IF they allowed overselling [and they don't], then the cPanel program would be a good value. However, if you used the 15GB plan as a basis for calculation, you could only have 2 hosting customers on a cPanel plan that had only 30GB of disk space. Not much you could do with it. Basically, you would have to create plans that had 5GB or less in order to make money and you would not make much considering the competition is already rolling out unlimited shared hosting plans.

My suggestion is to go with a cPanel reseller hosting provider that DOES allow overselling. If you need some suggestions, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaB86 View Post
      Hello, I am new to cPanel so I have a couple basic questions about the hosting packages/value

How can I compare the value of a 4.00/mo plan with 15gb of storage from the free resellers account to the very small plan at a higher rate that I would most likely have to offer with the cPanel program.

And also, why is space on cPanel such a lower number. Why can you offer 15gb hosting for 4.00 with the free program but I have to pay $25 per month and only have a total of 30 gb in TOTAL to sell to my clients.

I would just like some justification. I am sure there is an explanation, but I would like to know for both mine and my clients sake.

-Josh

p.s. I'm new, be nice.

That is called overselling (for the free program).
      Don't worry, your cPanel's pricing is ok.
      As MC said, you can get a better cPanel program which allows overselling (RSP does not), and comes with other value added services like end user support, whmcs billing program, ssl certificate etc.

Comment

Originally posted by J.L.H.C. View Post
        As MC said, you can get a better cPanel program which allows overselling (RSP does not), and comes with other value added services like end user support, whmcs billing program, ssl certificate etc.

Yeah,there are a lot of great cpanel program with overselling enabled,end user support,free ssl certificate,free billing software,free dedicated ip,free private name server,free templates and even free advertising coupon like adwords voucher etc.

Comment

1and1.co.uk is a good choice i have a couple of dedicated servers with them and their customer support is top notch!

Comment

The problem with RP is they think that not competing is making them a better company. No reason why they can't offer similar services while still being unique. The excuses they use for not allowing overselling is ridiculous - those excuses just come off as policies that are in place to benefit RP specifically.

Think about it. If you had 5 customers in the business plan, 3 in the corporate plan and 6 in the enterprise plan, you could not move all of them to a cPanel program here. RP's best cPanel plan allows for 70GB of disk space. However, that means that you can have a combination of plans that total 70GB, which would be something like 2 corporate plan customers and 1 business plan customer. Or, 1 enterprise plan customer and 1 corporate plan customer. How many cPanel plans would you need to move all your customers to the RP cPanel program??

The cPanel program here just does not benefit the reseller.

Originally posted by J.L.H.C. View Post

Comment

Originally posted by MacCheesy View Post
              The problem with RP is they think that not competing is making them a better company. No reason why they can't offer similar services while still being unique. The excuses they use for not allowing overselling is ridiculous - those excuses just come off as policies that are in place to benefit RP specifically.

Think about it. If you had 5 customers in the business plan, 3 in the corporate plan and 6 in the enterprise plan, you could not move all of them to a cPanel program here. RP's best cPanel plan allows for 70GB of disk space. However, that means that you can have a combination of plans that total 70GB, which would be something like 2 corporate plan customers and 1 business plan customer. Or, 1 enterprise plan customer and 1 corporate plan customer. How many cPanel plans would you need to move all your customers to the RP cPanel program??

The cPanel program here just does not benefit the reseller.

Then buy a dedi from somewhere and host it yourself.
              Or find other cpanel reseller with overselling enabled.

Comment

I have a cPanel account that allows overselling... I guess you have not read any of my others posts.

I am just stating a fact... which is the RP cPanel program is useless.

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
                Then buy a dedi from somewhere and host it yourself.
                Or find other cpanel reseller with overselling enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by MacCheesy View Post
                  I have a cPanel account that allows overselling... I guess you have not read any of my others posts.

I am just stating a fact... which is the RP cPanel program is useless.

I agree.

Comment

As long as I want to buy hosting after I make the sales, the free reseller program is great. At my current stage of the game, I don't need any companies cpanel program. Of course, it's a stepping stone and one I am thankful for. The free resellers program will let us have a shared-branded company store to help portray a large hosting company, coming sooner or later

Comment

To each his own... all I can say is, from my experience over the last 4 years [and 9 months], there is always something better [you can always find greener grass]. Nothing wrong with taking advantage of something like the free program - I suppose my financial state back in 3/03 put me in a position to be more aggressive. If I had been working when I found RP, I may not have cared much about what is actually lacking in the program[s] here. I have met a lot of people who are doing much the same as I am and they are doing better because they are not using a program like this. Its great for a part-timer who wants to put a few extra peanuts in his pocket...

Comment

Working...
                      X