Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support

Don't know if this is the right place for this.
    I became a cpanel reseller just about two weeks ago and I have a question being new to this end. I have clientexe installed and it has a ticket support system but that is not the issue. In the cpanel there is an icon for support, but when I click on it ( I am still exploring it) it tells me the administrator has not yet configured the system. Where or how do I do this. I know that in the clientexe it says something about piping the email but what the heck is piping. I tried to contact the support here and the response is that they do not supply technical support to third party software, so is cpanel considered third party software? I had a feeling this was going to be a big mistake. I still have some time left on my 30 day guarantee, maybe I should just pull out.

I just want to know how to link support ticket system to the cpanel so when clients click on the icon support don't get the message that support has not been configured by the administrator. Not asking you guys to supply the support just want to know how to put it in. Not asking for support with the ticketing system, just the cPanel.
    Last edited by Milen; 14-08-2008, 04:23 PM.

jkacp, you can configure this section of your clients' cPanel accounts through the Configure Support Request Submissions section of your WHM. You can choose the support requests to be sent to an email of your choice or redirect your clients to an URL of your choice, if you are using a ticketing system of your own. You can also choose to disable the support request feature in your clients' cPanel accounts.

By the way, if you find cPanel/WHM configuration too complex or intimidating, you could try our free reseller program instead.

Comment

support issue

I have entered the email into the whm section, the problem is that it does not work. There are too many things on the whm that are not working,
      I already have the free reseller program, have been using it for about a year.
      A lot of the things that I was told I would have with the cpanel program I do not. Contacting support through my cpanel billign area is very frustrating. Today I have gone to my cPanel three times and three times there is a different theme that I have not changed to. I am at a point that I think I will scream and contact the people that I have with the free reseller and the people that are waiting for me to get the bugs out of this cPanel thing out of the way and switching everybody to someone else. (Even though I have paid for two months I am still under the 30 day money back guarantee)
      The website for reseller tells you all these free things but they don't tell you that you'll get in drips and drabs. Like for instance the enom account. Initially when it was set up they put me in as a regular user not a reseller, I could have done that myself without all the hoopla, Told you get a $500 dollar value. If this was true and then my prices for domains would not be 9+ but 8+ again it is something that I could have done myself without all the hoopla. Things that are listed (urchin, and a few other files are all disabled with no way of enabling them. This really stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by jkacp View Post
        I have entered the email into the whm section, the problem is that it does not work.
        Have you notified our cPanel support team about this in a ticket?

There are too many things on the whm that are not working
        What does not work? Have you notified the cPanel support team about it in a ticket? What did they tell you about it? If you were not satisfied with the replies of the support technician, did you ask the ticket to be reviewed by a support supervisor?

A lot of the things that I was told I would have with the cpanel program I do not.
        What were you told that you would get that isn’t there?

Told you get a $500 dollar value. If this was true and then my prices for domains would not be 9+ but 8+ again it is something that I could have done myself without all the hoopla.
        The setup fee for a Basic account with eNom is $495. Most popular domain extensions under the Basic eNom account are $9.45 per domain per year. (Used to be $8.95 until October 2007, when VeriSign, Afilias, Neulevel and Public Interest Registry registries increased the prices of the domain names and so did eNom.) Our cPanel resellers get the equivalent of a Basic eNom account with the same domain pricing levels for free.

Things that are listed (urchin, and a few other files are all disabled with no way of enabling them.
        What things exactly are you referring to and where are they listed?

Comment

yes I have talked to them.
          I understand about the changes in the pricing for domain names, therfore the ad on the web site should be changed. (constituts misinformation)In the skins section and on the cPanel you have webstats, and webstats FTp, webstate is disabled in the whm, webstate FTp is inabled but does not work in the cPanel.
          Had a problem with the cPanel changing themes everytime that I went to it. That problem sems to have been solved.

I was told that they investigated my panels and everything is working fine. Yeah that's what I was told when I told them they had entered me wrong in enom took several back and forth conversations and several hours before somebody finally discovered that I was right and it was fixed.
          Now with the use of analytics programs the urchin files are a big plus but that too is disabled. Suppose to have submit to engines service but not there. (I don't have that on a few free accounts too. some have and some don't)

I will be redoing the whole website and will have support through the site and not the cPanel as this is taking up too much time, but I am not very happy with the support that is with the cPanel. The support with the free program is 100% better.
          Angora cart is disabled, why? yabb is disabled, why? I understand why chat is disabled and I really don't like it so no big deal.

Recieved a short message that some things are disabled because of server issues, no explanation of which ones or what kind of issues.

Still can't use the download part for downloading e-mail settings to OUtLook Express. It downloads ok but the file is empty and no configuration is done. Putting a note in FAQ section to manually set it up.
          Last edited by jkacp; 15-08-2008, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X