New to cPanel Reseller - Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to cPanel Reseller - Need help

I've been a free reseller for years, I just signed up for the cPanel reseller program and now I'm totally lost... is there a guide of some kind anywhere?

Where are the templates and other bonuses for me to set up? I wanted to use one of the bonus templates for my site but can't find them...

Could someone please show me where to find everything? I am totally lost and getting very frustrated due to the lack of information.

HELP!

RSP doesn't give you the templates until after the 30-day money-back guarantee period is over.

Comment

Besides that, just to remind you that their plan has overselling disabled. As such you will not be able to offer the same amount of space and bandwidth like what is offered by the free reseller.

Comment

Which is the EXACT reason I refuse to sign up for it. I'd paying for something less. Granted it gives us billing software, but still.

Comment

When I tried it a couple of years ago, you didn't even get the billing software until after the 30 day money back guarantee had passed. I don't know if that's still the case or not.

Comment

Yet ANOTHER reason I didn't sign up for it. Besides, I can build my own server and install free software anyway, like Minibill, I think its called. Sure it'll take me a couple of years, but still, I'm working on it.

Comment

Work at it slowly

Originally posted by lkk07 View Post
              I've been a free reseller for years, I just signed up for the cPanel reseller program and now I'm totally lost... is there a guide of some kind anywhere?

Where are the templates and other bonuses for me to set up? I wanted to use one of the bonus templates for my site but can't find them...

Could someone please show me where to find everything? I am totally lost and getting very frustrated due to the lack of information.

HELP!
              I know that the previous replies did not answer your question. I have now been with the cPanel program for about 5 months and am still working on figuring things out. I do know that the cPanel/WHM tutorials that I find on line are a great help. You can also get advice for the billing program (Clientex) by searching the Newedge forum. They can't give you support but there are people there that may have had the same problems and how they were solved.
              The support at Reseller cPanel can give you some information. It does take time but if you pick and poke eventually you get some kind of idea.

Comment

lkk07, The Stealthy One, you must be over the 30-day money back period or pay two monthly fees for your cPanel reseller account to request the free bonuses. All free bonuses are provided by the cPanel support team upon request, considering the conditions mentioned earlier are met. You can request the free bonuses through a support ticket from your cPanel billing account with us.

DemoDemo.com provides video tutorials on cPanel, WebHostManager (WHM) and ClientExec that might be useful for starters.

Comment

I'm regretting this big time... Hostgator is starting to look good

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                  lkk07, The Stealthy One, you must be over the 30-day money back period or pay two monthly fees for your cPanel reseller account to request the free bonuses. All free bonuses are provided by the cPanel support team upon request, considering the conditions mentioned earlier are met. You can request the free bonuses through a support ticket from your cPanel billing account with us.

DemoDemo.com provides video tutorials on cPanel, WebHostManager (WHM) and ClientExec that might be useful for starters.
                  They already gave me the bonuses... support installed them... I have the template working but where the hell is the billing set up... I am so upset with the lack of information and tutorials... I needed this site set up super fast and here I am a week later still trying to figure out wtf I got myself into... I can't believe this is the same company I've been with for years...

Can someone please tell me where the Client Exec files and set up are? Support said they installed it... I'll be damned if I can find it...

Comment

Aha!

Found it... geez... can't they have everything in one place? Jumping between 3-4 sites is really distracting... should have everything consolidated into one control panel... just a thought...

Now to waste more time watching demo videos...

If anyone has any tips or a quick brief step by step guide to help me I sure would appreciate it... I'm so far behind thanx to not having the necessary info...

aaarrrrrggggghhhhh.

Comment

@ lkk07: I seriously think that you need to take some time before you go into business.
                      Sorry to be harsh, but I wouldn't want to host with a hosting provider who does not even know how to install or use a simple billing application.

Comment

Originally posted by J.L.H.C. View Post
                        @ lkk07: I seriously think that you need to take some time before you go into business.
                        Sorry to be harsh, but I wouldn't want to host with a hosting provider who does not even know how to install or use a simple billing application.
                        With all due respect, your comment helps no one... I have been in business for years and have a number of happy clients.. I do know how to install software and scripts, design sites and provide superior customer service... what I have a problem with is not having the information or tools I need to accomplish my goals... SIUYA

Comment

Originally posted by lkk07 View Post
                          With all due respect, your comment helps no one... I have been in business for years and have a number of happy clients.. I do know how to install software and scripts, design sites and provide superior customer service... what I have a problem with is not having the information or tools I need to accomplish my goals... SIUYA
                          You can obtain these informations around the net easily. I don't see why is this an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by J.L.H.C. View Post
                            You can obtain these informations around the net easily. I don't see why is this an issue?
                            Yes the information out there is abundant but, it really would be nice if there was some automatic assistance from your supplier and not have to go far from home to get it. There is so much info that sometimes it can get confusing and we should not be intolerant of people that are new. (Everybody here was new at one time or another) I am versed in the internet, but at times it just seems like a big page with lots of things all jumping out at me at once.
                            Don't know if any of you have ever felt that way. The help here is appreciated when given.

Comment

Originally posted by jkacp View Post
                              Yes the information out there is abundant but, it really would be nice if there was some automatic assistance from your supplier and not have to go far from home to get it. There is so much info that sometimes it can get confusing and we should not be intolerant of people that are new. (Everybody here was new at one time or another) I am versed in the internet, but at times it just seems like a big page with lots of things all jumping out at me at once.
                              Don't know if any of you have ever felt that way. The help here is appreciated when given.
                              i totally agree with you.
                              and some more information provided by the supplier will be more helpful than searching on net,because they must be given enough information about what you need.

Comment

Working...
                              X