Reseller accounts do not have any proection against attacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reseller accounts do not have any proection against attacked

I just like to inform others on the accounts here. I have 2 Cpanel reseller accounts and has been using them for few years. Recently my accounts has been hacked into with C99. This is not the first time but the responds they gave make me mad.

I informed them on the hacking and ask them to investigate. The first reply they said is that my script is vulnerable for attacked and I should update my scripts. Fair enough that I should look into my script but the problem is not on my script but the vulnerability on the account. The ClamAV they have is not working and not functioning at all (at the time I try to run). There is no mod_security and no other modes of preventing hacking. I have other reseller account with other provider and they can detect it and does not allow them to be uploaded.

I tried to ask them to put mod-security but they rejected it and confirmed they will not at any time install them. Why are they not installing them when it is good for everyone and it is free. I really don't know.

I fully understand and agree that there is no such 100% of protection and no 100% detection; and that there are still some ways to exploit the system but AT LEAST there should be some measures to try to block them or to detect them in our accounts.

My accounts are hacked and all they can do is nothing.

Well that's no good at all. Now I am worried about this. I hope you can find a solution for this ASAP. What can you do close and move your account?

Comment

Originally posted by dstme View Post
      The ClamAV they have is not working and not functioning at all (at the time I try to run).
      I hope that you have already notified the support team about the issue ClamAV in your ticket. If not please, do so.

Originally posted by dstme View Post
      I tried to ask them to put mod-security but they rejected it and confirmed they will not at any time install them.
      With regard to Apache modules, support techs cannot install them; this can only be authorized and implemented by our system administrators. If the system administrators do not want to install a certain module, they must have a valid reason for this. I do not know what the reason is in this case, but typically modules are denied installation, if they could hamper the performance of the server or their operation could conflict with some other installed module in the current server setup.

With this said, the vast majority of code exploits are results of poorly designed code, this case not being an exception, and it is the responsibility of the account owner to secure the code, if its of their own design, or update the used scripts to the latest version, in case that commonly available scripts are used.

Comment

I hope that you have already notified the support team about the issue ClamAV in your ticket. If not please, do so.
        I have notified your support team before and after I created this thread, but your admin/tech said they have taken the ClamAV out for good. So it is now 100% open for any attack.

With regard to Apache modules, support techs cannot install them; this can only be authorized and implemented by our system administrators.
        Understood, it is admin that confirmed they are not installing mod_security.

If the system administrators do not want to install a certain module, they must have a valid reason for this. I do not know what the reason is in this case, but typically modules are denied installation, if they could hamper the performance of the server or their operation could conflict with some other installed module in the current server setup.
        Seriously, I don't know what is their reason, but I don't see any conflict with any other modules as in my other reseller accounts with other providers. And it has proven to work with Cpanel and most modules. In fact it has more reason to install it than not. Isn't protection to your server more important?

All I know, my accounts are not secure now.

Comment

Hi dstme,

i would suggest you go to your own vps or move to other host if you're not happy here.

Get your accounts secure is more important than wasting the time of waiting the features you want. isn't it?

Comment

Thanks wjleong, I'm looking for a new reseller host now and will migrate soon. This place does not give me a peace of mind.

Comment

Working...
            X