.ca domains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .ca domains

I have had to turn down a couple people that would like to host with us as we do not host or transfer .ca (Canada) doamain names. Well this be a thing we might do in the near future as I am marketing myself as a company in Canada and its hard to tell people we can not host .ca domains.

Cheers

Originally posted by Milen
    vanhiphop, it is not true that we cannot host .ca domains. In fact, the last time I checked there were several hundred .ca domains hosted on our servers. However, currently we cannot register .ca domains or accept them for transfer. The situation is the same for .co.uk and .au domains, we can host such domains, but we cannot register them or accept them for transfer.
    Thanks Milen, but we already know about the ability to host different domain names. The world is moving forward. What about the .info and .eu domains?

The starnge thing is that you're in the UK /LiquidNet/ and do not fancy to register .co.uk. Is there any reason for it? Any plans for future? If, then when?

One more - this question about different TLDs was asked many times before and is coming back and still will. Couldn't find any answer giving me the reason "why".

Regards
    Arthur

Comment

The only thing I can figure would be maybe a higher wholesale price, and therefore more complicated billing?

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur
        Thanks Milen, but we already know about the ability to host different domain names. The world is moving forward. What about the .info and .eu domains?

The starnge thing is that you're in the UK /LiquidNet/ and do not fancy to register .co.uk. Is there any reason for it? Any plans for future? If, then when?

One more - this question about different TLDs was asked many times before and is coming back and still will. Couldn't find any answer giving me the reason "why".

Regards
        Arthur
        Arthur, we have been offering .info domain registrations for quite a while now. I am pretty sure that domains with .info extension were available for registration, before the forum was launched more than a year ago. As for the .eu domains, the domain name registrar that we use, eNom, is currently accepting only preliminary requests for the registration of such domains, which for me shows that the registration conditions for such domains are far from final yet.
        An interface that would allow the integration of .co.uk domain registration into our system is not ready yet and will not be ready in the coming few months at least. There are certain issues with offering additional domain extensions such as higher registration price and different additional registration requirements for some domain types, such as longer minimum registration periods and other conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen
          Arthur, we have been offering .info domain registrations for quite a while now.
          Sorry Milen. I do not register domains here. Overlooked.

An interface that would allow the integration of .co.uk domain registration into our system is not ready yet and will not be ready in the coming few months at least. There are certain issues with offering additional domain extensions such as higher registration price and different additional registration requirements for some domain types, such as longer minimum registration periods and other conditions.
          Yes, there's a few additional fields before people can register .co.uk domains, but I wonder, why this is so difficult to implement. 2years is as standard for .co.uk, price - I used to pay was £9.99 per year. That was ok with my clients. Even for 2 years upfront £19.98 was ok. Prices with Enom are the same for resellers and still less than £9.99 per .co.uk domain.

So, where's the catch???

Just thinking...

Regards
          Arthur

Comment

Hey Guys

Im interested in the outcome from this thread - as i have started my own hosting site (a .co.uk one) and obviously for me not to offer .co .uk domains looks a bit off....

Like Arthur says .co.uk has been a standard 2yrs Register and the price has been quite stable too the one i have regisetered for my new hosting venture was a shade under £9.00

Comment

I know there busy but can one of the RSP team come back to us on this one - i would say its vitally important if RSP want to play ball with the rest out there adding more Domain names i.e .ca .co.uk (incidentally where i am from, where my site is hosted) - needs to take place ASAP -

Thanks Nick

Comment

I too use a .ca TLD. If DNS clustering is implemented, will RSP be providing a solution to this issue if the domain name must be transferred/reside with RSP?

Comment

Yea, it would be good if we could transfer our .ca domains to RSP (if we need to because of the DNS cluster) or hopefully they will figure out a different solution.

Comment

As of a year ago, it is indeed possible to transfer (and register) these domain names with RSP. However, they are a special order - you will need to contact RSP support to carry this out and to get an exact price.

Comment

I have no idea if you are aware of the 'hell' that .ca (and unfortunately a lot of other country domains ) are .

Here's how things work.
                      1. You place an order for .ca domain
                      2. We run the order, i.e. all the information is passed to enom
                      3. Enom then contacts cira.ca
                      4. Cira.ca sends e-mail to the administrative (and technical) contact
                      of the .ca domain for confirmation
                      5. If confirmation is present - the domain is registered, if not - it's not

Once you pass the registration details to enom you cannot edit a thing
                      in the whois records.
                      In order to pass anything to enom, you must first make sure that the organization is registered and recognized by cira.ca

If at any level there is mistaken ..... refund, re-submit order, pray...

For another country TLD there was a charge of $150 to edit the WHOIS record only !!! These are one of the things that stop us from providing
                      country domain names. In future there are going to be such offers, but not before we get enough people to handle all the problems that can come up (and surely they are not going to be one or two) while registering those kind of domain names.

Comment

Vasko, hundreds of companies in the UK and abroad can register .co.uk for you without any problems for £9.99. They are big and small and some of them don't have even a phone number. The cheapest one I found is free with hosting or £0.99+hosting. I register with Enom once a week on behalf of my customers, then I change WHOIS information for FREE when they've paid for it.

Why don't you do it step by step? ENOM offers API and maybe it's better to integrate ENOM's API with SSes than yours? We will be able then to register any TLD.

We are talking about the money! How many people register domains somewhere else, because RSP cannot handle a few more important extensions?

Can anyone confirm from CA or AU, when the WHOIS change costs 150.00 please?

I will try tonight to get one CA with ENOM and change the WHOIS info after is registered and propagated and will let you know.

Regards
                        Arthur

Comment

I still cant see why we cant offer the other TLD's

SO i checked into it

Firstly i checked my own registrar 123-reg.co.uk and i can change my whois info in a bout 2 seconds free of charge - i just update the details and click on submit this is then sent out to nominet (uk) - and all updated on servers in 24-48hrs --

Ok so thats with my Registrar - so i checked ENOM with who RSP keep banging on about and they actuall pride themselves on the FREE service of been able to change WHOIS info -

Quote" eNom is the best place to maximize value for all your domain names. We have an unequaled service set for your domains which are included FREE OF CHARGE with each domain name registration. Here is a list of some of those great features:

# Register name servers online.
                          # Create a password for each domain.
                          # Change whois information

All can bee seen on the page http://www.enom.com/services.asp

Hope this helps RSP see it is possible and get this moved forward - as a .co.uk personb i would like to offer .co.uk domains in the easy pick it from drop down method

Nick

Comment

I've read most of the threads created about RSP not able to register other TLD like .ca, .co.uk, etc. I've also read the implications involved... The thing is, how do we tell our clients the reason we can't offer it? They may start to doubt that we're legitimate and things like that if for instance we have a .cc domain name but am not able to sell .cc domain names.

Comment

Originally posted by coyouth
                              I've read most of the threads created about RSP not able to register other TLD like .ca, .co.uk, etc. I've also read the implications involved... The thing is, how do we tell our clients the reason we can't offer it? They may start to doubt that we're legitimate and things like that if for instance we have a .cc domain name but am not able to sell .cc domain names.
                              coyouth, unfortunately the domain registration process for a number of domain extensions with the domain registrar that we use is not as smooth as we would like it to be by far and the chances that this will change anytime soon are not particularly high. Perhaps, if you have many potential customers that need domains with extensions other than the ones we offer, you could order a domain reseller account with some of the domain reseller providers in the field and offer registration for such domains as a add-on service with a separate customer billing of your own.

Comment

Working...
                              X