Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Wtf?! - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wtf?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtf?!

OK, found this on a site to list my company, a hosting review web site.

While planing to add my site on their add site page I saw this which raised an eye brow..

"7. Resellers based on ResellerPanel (Duoservers/ProperSupport) are not accepted."

Hmm, is there something I should be worried about seeing a big name hosting review site hast RSP and it's resellers banned?

Things are getting a bit sticky in my mind, I am considering sticking with my paid services and working and paying for stuff like everyone else in the world, you get what you pay for, I still will hold on longer, but things only looking worse as long as I stay, hope nothing big comes out of my asking them why they do the above..

Originally posted by RFarnham

While planing to add my site on their add site page I saw this which raised an eye brow..

"7. Resellers based on ResellerPanel (Duoservers/ProperSupport) are not accepted."

Hmm, is there something I should be worried about seeing a big name hosting review site hast RSP and it's resellers banned?

Things are getting a bit sticky in my mind, I am considering sticking with my paid services and working and paying for stuff like everyone else in the world, you get what you pay for, I still will hold on longer, but things only looking worse as long as I stay, hope nothing big comes out of my asking them why they do the above..
    What site was this?

Comment

Dude

...Haven't the foggiest clue as to what you're talking about. You give no support to your rampage.

Comment

My Sister company DrLister will acceopt your listing, we are only a small company but its free.

Hope you decide to list with us and gain traffic for your site

See my sig for the link

Comment

I didn't post a link because I didn't think posting links was allowed, here is the site http://www.10-cheapwebhosting.com/addhost/

I have removed RSP from my company for now at least, will wait till things shape up a bit and other companies and lists will accept RSP resellers and when other things like anonymity improve, etc. Overall the service is ok for small companies, but my company is an actuall web host partnered with another company who I am personal friends with so I am all set for now, once things improve I will start using the service again, I will check back regularly.

Thanks everyone!
          Last edited by Guest; 10-03-2005, 08:09 AM.

Comment

RFarnham, I do not want to go to much into the interpreting the policy of another company, but perhaps this has to do something with the fact that they do not list reseller hosting sites in general:
            "2. The directory is meant solely for shared hosting, no reseller hosting or others."

Comment

Hold up

I didn't post a link because I didn't think posting links was allowed, here is the site http://www.10-cheapwebhosting.com/addhost/

I have removed RSP from my company for now at least, will wait till things shape up a bit and other companies and lists will accept RSP resellers and when other things like anonymity improve, etc. Overall the service is ok for small companies, but my company is an actuall web host partnered with another company who I am personal friends with so I am all set for now, once things improve I will start using the service again, I will check back regularly.

Thanks everyone!
              Dude, the problem's not RSP. The website link you sent looks pretty cheap to me.

Comment

Originally posted by WebHoster
                Dude, the problem's not RSP. The website link you sent looks pretty cheap to me.
                Well it does say cheapWebHosting...lol

I wasn't impressed either..

Comment

Originally posted by WebHoster
                  I wouldn't exactly call it cheap; just not exactly flowing.

Rfarnham, check out the link in my sig. My template is similar to yours. I'm not saying my site's or better or anything, but see how I stayed with the template? All the original fonts, layouts, and set-ups were used. I would reccomend going back to the original template and trying to stick to it as much as possible.

Comment

I would say they don't allow RSP because our plans are cheaper and offer more than any of their plans (except one that offers 5 gigs and is $8/month paid annually).
                    Our plans would destroy their other listings in the Under $5 category. And we would still be near the top of their Top 10 Hosts.

DJ

Comment

Having poked around a bit at that site and comment you posted. Perhaps one of the issues with them is they are hosted by LunarPages. Who knows, this host and them may be rivals, or we can again assume it may be a conspiracy theory.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by DMHP
                        I would say they don't allow RSP because our plans are cheaper and offer more than any of their plans (except one that offers 5 gigs and is $8/month paid annually).
                        Our plans would destroy their other listings in the Under $5 category. And we would still be near the top of their Top 10 Hosts.

DJ
                        You may have a point their about the rival thing and what not but I am not a reseller, I have co-located systems as well as managed.

the site may be a template, but all the colors go together and flow, it looks fine and is alot better then our old one by far, and gets compliments each day because it's easy on the eye, easy to navigate and is based off a different layout then yours intirely and is the origanal template. It also doesn't have continous animations which anoys most cusomers, something I don't believe in my self.

That site may be hosted by a rival but the site is not owned by the rival, and what they mean by not for reseller hosting is that you can not list "reseller plans" I already asked them about that, they host resellers, they just want to list your "normal" hosting offers.

Thanks anyway, if things get improved I will come back, but with all my experience, I much rather stay away for the time being, because this service is by no means invisible to the consumers yer, google searchs shows your site on duoservers, doing a simple trace route shows the owner of the sites as duoservers, but not for your own sites, but still when an order is placed it goes through LiquidNet Ltd. on Paypal or 2CO.com which sais to the consumer "fraud" and click they exit, even the seeing the diferrent URL with secure.duo****.com sais that, things need to change before I place my company in such a position because word gets out that I am "duoservers.com" and not mydomain.com customers will start saying I'm a fraud which has already happened thus one of the reasons I am leaving this service for the time being.

With improvements, easy ones at that, RSP can become more of a sucess then it currently is.
                        Heck I already know how to fix all the problems listed above. Simply let resellers use paypal or 2CO.com with their own accounts (optionally) and let them pass order from the order form through them to secure.duo****.com/orders/order.php or whatever the url was and with an a flag through get that would tell the php program to do a seperate process to create the accounts on the server after payment or to send the info to them RSP admins for review and manuall setup or whatever, it's to easy! Yet they aren't lifting a finger, why, well they want more resellers with out paying out reseller referral fees if they can't help it could be one simple explenation, any customer going through your site can do a search on yahoo and find the link between duo****.com and RSP easly enough and join free with out being referred, of course this is hypethical at best and only way I can make sense of them not doing something that is really not hard to do, I could do it in a couple days, so why can't they?

Well I'm done blabing, I am not wanting to take away business or resellers, I just would like to see happier resellers and thus I will return at said time, this service is great and one of a kind, but it could use simple improvements that are posible but they have qouted not to be.

Heck, RSP can hire me to make the changes, I charge less then anyone else would for custom programing.

Take care all, till next time!
                        Last edited by Guest; 12-03-2005, 12:00 AM.

Comment

RE:
                          the site may be a template, but all the colors go together and flow, it looks fine and is alot better then our old one by far, and gets compliments each day because it's easy on the eye, easy to navigate and is based off a different layout then yours intirely and is the origanal template. It also doesn't have continous animations which anoys most cusomers, something I don't believe in my self.
                          That looks like a template I Re-sell. LOL

RE:
                          Thanks anyway, if things get improved I will come back, but with all my experience, I much rather stay away for the time being, because this service is by no means invisible to the consumers yer, google searchs shows your site on duoservers, doing a simple trace route shows the owner of the sites as duoservers, but not for your own sites, but still when an order is placed it goes through LiquidNet Ltd. on Paypal or 2CO.com which sais to the consumer "fraud" and click they exit, even the seeing the diferrent URL with secure.duo****.com sais that, things need to change before I place my company in such a position because word gets out that I am "duoservers.com" and not mydomain.com customers will start saying I'm a fraud which has already happened thus one of the reasons I am leaving this service for the time being.

With improvements, easy ones at that, RSP can become more of a sucess then it currently is.
                          Heck I already know how to fix all the problems listed above. Simply let resellers use paypal or 2CO.com with their own accounts (optionally) and let them pass order from the order form through them to secure.duo****.com/orders/order.php or whatever the url was and with an a flag through get that would tell the php program to do a seperate process to create the accounts on the server after payment or to send the info to them RSP admins for review and manuall setup or whatever, it's to easy! Yet they aren't lifting a finger, why, well they want more resellers with out paying out reseller referral fees if they can't help it could be one simple explenation, any customer going through your site can do a search on yahoo and find the link between duo****.com and RSP easly enough and join free with out being referred, of course this is hypethical at best and only way I can make sense of them not doing something that is really not hard to do, I could do it in a couple days, so why can't they?
                          Good point, and why don't they?

Comment

I dunno, I am not tech support like I am for another company and for my own biz, but just some things are unclear to me of why, I don't like "why", I hate being left in darkness with no idea thus I hold off for now, but I will peep in and see whats happening, I still have hi hopes for RSP

Comment

I dunno, I am not tech support like I am for another company and for my own biz, but just some things are unclear to me of why, I don't like "why", I hate being left in darkness with no idea thus I hold off for now, but I will peep in and see whats happening, I still have hi hopes for RSP
                              Sorry to see you leave. Hope you return soon. Best wishes!

Comment

Working...
                              X