Who uses Templates here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who uses Templates here?

I am just curious how many developer's in this forum use templates. I typically do not but have been evaluating them lately due to increased work load (a good thing!). Does anyone use templatemonster.com? I checked them out recently and I must say some of the templates there are down-right amazing! What is also cool is that they to offer an affiliate program with 20% commission along with a 2nd tier program...Check them out if you don't use them at www.templatemonster.com

um.... I don't think your allowed to use affiliate links on the forum...

Comment

Originally posted by DuforuDesign
      I am just curious how many developer's in this forum
      What a sneak you are.

http://www.templatemonster.com link has your affiliate code hidden in it = aff=duforudesign

If you were truly amazed by the templates and not just lying to advertise to your peers here, you'd have left your damned affiliate id off or just put it visible in the ad.

Why don't you just farm out our email addresses for spam?

Jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by resellersreseller
        What a sneak you are.

http://www.templatemonster.com link has your affiliate code hidden in it = aff=duforudesign

If you were truly amazed by the templates and not just lying to advertise to your peers here, you'd have left your damned affiliate id off or just put it visible in the ad.

Why don't you just farm out our email addresses for spam?

Jerk.
        Seriously man, cool down a bit. Take a deeeeeep breath. Now let it all out, nice and easy.

Don't let the little things get to you so easily. Use other's mistakes to your advantage.

Comment

I think the modorator should remove the 'aff' part. milen?

Comment

Originally posted by WebHoster
            Seriously man, cool down a bit. Take a deeeeeep breath. Now let it all out, nice and easy.

Don't let the little things get to you so easily. Use other's mistakes to your advantage.
            Get a clue, WebHoster.
            A mistake would not have entailed using formatting code so that your affiliate id doesn't show up.
            This was just being sneaky regarless of what he/she says.

Take a deep breath and wake up yourself, bud.

Comment

Pass

To be honest. This whole thread is not even worth reading or complaining about.

Comment

DuforuDesign, I have removed the affiliate part of the links from your post, because it is against our policy. Personally, I consider this an instance of very bad forum manners. However, I have left the affiliate link in your signature, because I think it is OK there.

resellersreseller, please mind your language. You could have expressed your objection in a more polite manner. I do not want to extend the list of banned words with derogatory expressions. I consider our resellers polite enough to avoid using such language. Please, do not demonstrate that I have deluded myself with regard to this assumption.

Comment

Originally posted by DuforuDesign
                  I am just curious how many developer's in this forum use templates.
                  Regarding the question you ask. I usually use three or four good templates I can find (free ofcourse) and then fuse them together to make it custom to what exactly I am looking for.

Alternatively, I use a few good templates to just inspire my design

Comment

On the subject of templates, I just happened to stumble across what looks to be a pretty good template site:

Not only do they have a plethora of hosting templates, they also have all kinds of others. For those of us who do design work in addition to hosting, that could be useful!

Comment

Just a thought...

If you use one of many of the CMS' available, you'll have more free templates that you just drag and drop than you'd know what to do with.

I make templates for Mambo sites as well as a few other CMS' and some of the things you can do are pretty amazing and not that difficult.

But to my point... you'd get rid of the standard template offered here and could use one of many business templates made available for a CMS and tweak it all you like... color, logo, spacing, fonts, links, etc. etc.

Still sort of a template but 100% more freedom to your content.
                      Want to add forums? do it.
                      Want to add your own aff links section? do it
                      Want to add banners? do it.
                      Bragging page for client remarks? do it.

Easy stuff if ya' take a sec and a cup of coffee to review the site.
                      I'm happy to help anyone that wants to get into the CMS stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by resellersreseller
                        Just a thought...

Easy stuff if ya' take a sec and a cup of coffee to review the site.
                        I'm happy to help anyone that wants to get into the CMS stuff.
                        I looked through a couple of the sites you directed me to on another thread. I'll take any direction you can give me. (I'm a little slow so be patient.);

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr
                          I looked through a couple of the sites you directed me to on another thread. I'll take any direction you can give me. (I'm a little slow so be patient.);
                          Not a problem at all, vlasi47gr.

You'll first need to decide what kind of site you'll want to run. More of a business hosting or sort of a community site that offers hosting.

We can take this to PM if you'd like.

Comment

I use TemplatesBox.com for my hosting site (cardinehosting.com).

Comment

Ah I started with an simple html template but feel verry sorry myself I even started that allready!!
                              Count of pages grows and a simple minor change might need a change on all pages ..... pffff

Im used to an expanded forum system that allowed me to create extra pages easely but never really used an CMS. Even when I looked at the most I found they just had to much but right now I really starve for a nice and easy to maintain php app to create my website, just dont know what I would use ....

Comment

Working...
                              X