Yahoo Domain Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo Domain Names

Some time back, a couple of years I believe, Yahoo had a special and was selling domain names for $1. I purchased a domain name back then. The renewal was $9.95. Still not bad, and I renewed it. Later I transferred that domain name here. After I transferred it here, Yahoo again charged me $9.95 to renew the domain name even though they were no longer hosting it. This year, they sent me a renewal notice that again they were going to charge me to renew a domain name they no longer hosted.

Not only is that plainly a rip-off, but they wouldn't reimburse me for falsely charging me last year.

Oh, yeah. The renewal notice came with a message that as of July 1, 2008 their domain name renewal was increased to $34.95 per year.

Just a warning to any of you that have domain names with Yahoo. You better consider transferring them now!

It was $1.99 per term,up to 5 years.

I had 3 domains hosted in Yahoo!,but all transferred here.

After your domain transferred successful,remember to cancel the plan in Yahoo! domain,otherwise it will keep charging your registered card on file there.

It's written there in Yahoo! domain and it's also mentioned during the initial transfer process from Yahoo!,so I never ever encounter such problem before.

So,please read the T&C properly whenever you see any bombastic promotion anywhere for cheap domain.

Register,Netfirms and many other firms,they offer first year cheap domain,but renewal prices are terribly high...

Comment

Working with Yahoo Domain Names has been said to be more reliable as the company has been in business for a long time providing services such as search, email and press information. Consumers often opt for a larger, better known as the name domain names from Yahoo that the company is not likely to be out of business when the time to renew the domain registration rolls around.

Comment

Originally posted by bobyswan View Post
        Working with Yahoo Domain Names has been said to be more reliable as the company has been in business for a long time providing services such as search, email and press information. Consumers often opt for a larger, better known as the name domain names from Yahoo that the company is not likely to be out of business when the time to renew the domain registration rolls around.
        Well that is the benefit of working with a renowned banner name..you have the security under any situation

Comment

In case of domain name, Godaddy is really awesome I like its services.

Comment

Hah! Good thing I didn't grab the offer of $1.99 a year domain name from Yahoo! All my domains are from Namecheap.. I've been with them for 2 years..

Comment

Working...
            X