Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing my template site from Google

Hi everyone

Shortly after I signed up with Resellers Panel, I created my own customized site using the remote forms (http://www.customnethosting.com). The site is showing up in Google; however, anyone who searches for the site's name will also find the template version of my site. Does anyone know how I can get the template version removed from Google?

Thanks
    Simon
    Last edited by pygmy; 12-04-2009, 06:01 AM.

Hi Simon,

Not sure of an answer to your question, but I did want to say you have a really nice custom site! Do you provide your custom services to other RSP resellers? And if so, what would be your charge for a site like yours (same number of pages, but completely different design)?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately, I'm not able to create any web sites for other people at the moment as I am busy working on some of my own sites.

Regards
      Simon

Comment

Originally posted by pygmy View Post
        Hi everyone

Shortly after I signed up with Resellers Panel, I created my own customized site using the remote forms (http://www.customnethosting.com). The site is showing up in Google; however, anyone who searches for the site's name will also find the template version of my site. Does anyone know how I can get the template version removed from Google?

Thanks
        Simon
        You can do it in Google Webmaster Tools. Verify your site on GWT then request removal of URLs.
        Anyway, your new site is great!

Comment

Originally posted by fayax View Post
          You can do it in Google Webmaster Tools. Verify your site on GWT then request removal of URLs.
          Anyway, your new site is great!
          Thanks for your help. I wasn't aware of the Google Webmaster Tools site. I have found it, verified my site, and requested that the site be removed.

I see that Google also recommend using a robots.txt file or nofollow meta tag. I have checked with the Resellers Panel support team, and have found out that they do not support either of these options.

Regards
          Simon

Comment

You can insert a small javascript code in the header of your template to have it automatically redirect to your custom site.

In the RSP CP, click on Marketing Tools, then select the Custom HTML radio button and place the following code:

HTML Code:
            <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
            <!--
            window.location.href = 'http://www.customnethosting.com';
            //-->
            </script>

Comment

Originally posted by JohnQ View Post
              You can insert a small javascript code in the header of your template to have it automatically redirect to your custom site.
              Thanks - the javascript code works well!

Regards
              Simon

Comment

Originally posted by JohnQ View Post

In the RSP CP, click on Marketing Tools, then select the Custom HTML radio button and place the following code:

HTML Code:
                <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
                <!--
                window.location.href = 'http://www.customnethosting.com';
                //-->
                </script>
                I'm going to save this, useful.

Comment

Hi, I know this works to redirect your site.
                  However javascript will not change Google results.
                  Also, if someone has javascript disabled it won't work.

Comment

Be great full for an wonderful inforamtion, I just deleted the page, and have now lost all the pages related to this. So as you can imagine I'm not very happy with Google Sites right now. In fact, I think it's time to useless ..

Comment

I was looking forward for any updates on this issue. I'm still having a hard time on this.

Comment

Working...
                      X