Voice over IP(VoIP) and Asterisk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice over IP(VoIP) and Asterisk

Has anyone on the forum ever played around with Asterisk Open Source? If I ever get a decent internet connection I will definitely look into install it at home, and also use it in business environment too.

I just took a look at the website. It looks cool, I may try it in the near future. Is it resource intensive? I have an Ultra VPS, will it work on it along side of my other sites which are mostly Wordpress based?

Comment

• clivejo
      clivejo commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, if your VPS is Hepsia controlled then no. I dont think you can modify or install software on any VPS which is controlled via Hepsia. You will break it :P

• iads
      iads commented
      Editing a comment
      Dam, I was looking for a White Label VOIP Reseller program... Thought this might work...

I’m not sure iads, I’ve only played with it on a Raspberry Pi as a home automation project and RPi's dont have much in terms of resources.

It is very very powerful and can be made control stuff as well. I love the ability to make call queues and have it announce your position, also it can try different extensions to find someone to answer the call. Another feature is that using a SIP client on your smartphone you can literally take calls anywhere you have a broadband connection.

Comment

• iads
      iads commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a Ham Radio...
Working...
X