Monthly payments, cards on the table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly payments, cards on the table

Firstly, I'm not trying to open old wounds here with this thread. I want an open and honest debate about the idea of monthly billing. Please note this is only a discussion and ideas, not fact or policy.

Over the years Ive seen a lot of people asking for monthly billing and nothing ever coming of it. From what I gather the admin and billing of such a feature would be a major headache, but maybe there is a comprise.

What if resellers could choose to offer monthly payments but collect the payment via their own system? Then RSP would lift the monthly wholesale price from the resellers wallet. For me this idea appeals greatly for the following reasons.

1) Better brand support, as I’m collecting the payments my resellers brand would be on all the invoices to the client.
    2) By topping up my wallet in bulk I could earn a bonus (up to 20%)
    3) Profits are generated locally and straight in the resellers pocket/bank account every month, no need to hit the payout limit and wait until the payout dates.
    4) Better relationships and marketing opportunities with the clients as I would be in contact with them monthly and could even encourage upgrades and other services. For example, I could have a monthly newsletter which is sent out along with the monthly bill reminder, with special deals and offers relating to my unique business.

Remember, we are just discussing the pros/cons and ideas!!

Would the billing interface have to be developed by each reseller on their own or would it be supplied by RSP?

Comment

It would be up to the reseller to implement a billing interface, how they see fit.

Comment

I could live with that clivejo if services are set up automatically upon order. but why not take the next step and set the whole billing system up like this for resellers that choose there own billing?

Comment

That is how the API works presently. You can use what ever payment processor you choose and order the services using the API and your wallet.

Comment

Everything you have listed is a pro clivejo..

a plugin that uses the api would have to be developed for whmcs, clientexec and like billing systems... is this being proposed with rsp still providing inhouse support? Most reputable billing solutions have a built in support desk and this could get confusing.

Comment

Working...
            X