Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a quick tip needed on buying for yourself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a quick tip needed on buying for yourself...

so, now its time to test internally and we want to buy (wholesale of course) a plan for ourselves, first to "test" and secondly to perhaps serve as a permanent home for our enterprise fail-over sites. I know we can buy wholesale two ways, A: buy wholesale right from within our reseller control panel, or buy a wholesale plan for ourselves as a separate account. Which way have you guys found the best and why? Thanks, yes we're full of questions but it serves us well in not having to back track and do things over, or worse get into a "wish we would have... " situation. - thx

Hello,

I would advise you to order a Hosting Plan for yourself directly from your Resellers Control Panel using the “Buy @ Wholesale” button. That way your new account will be listed under your My Clients & Affiliates Tab which would allow for easier managing.

And just a friendly reminder: When you order a service using the “Buy @ Wholesale” button a recurring subscription will be created under your Resellers Account -> Billing & Stats -> Recurring Manager.

Best Regards,
    Ian Stone

Comment

Thanks Ian!

Comment

Hello,

Glad to help out.

Best Regards,
        Ian Stone

Comment

Need to open this back up a bit to clarify a couple things. So, If I buy inside the actual reseller contol panel, it will create a new client account for myself, which basically is cool. HOWEVER we already have a client account that was automatically generated when we did the WP reseller plan / DNS cluster. It seems it would be easier to have the Business plan we are about to buy in there as well, not just for convenience but we're also thinking we could use one purchased dedi-IP and assign it to all domains hosted on the account... our WP reseller domain AND domains under our Business Plan. (Please correct on this point if it won't work this way.

Also are there any ramifications on recurring billings if we do it this way? We like/want the recurring billing.

-thx

Comment

The wholesale purchase should default to recurring billing larry same with a purchase from your reseller site... Should work that way if you purchase a dedicated IP, you point your domain in the dns cluster with a a record using the purchased IP. Regular "hosted" domains will use your new dedicated IP by default. When you purchase just ask RSP to handle it.... Will go over smooth as butter, when I migrated my store to vps I actually filed a support ticket to verify the transfer was taking place

Comment

Hello.

"So, If I buy inside the actual reseller contol panel, it will create a new client account for myself, which basically is cool."

- True!

"HOWEVER we already have a client account that was automatically generated when we did the WP reseller plan / DNS cluster. It seems it would be easier to have the Business plan we are about to buy in there as well, not just for convenience but we're also thinking we could use one purchased dedi-IP and assign it to all domains hosted on the account... our WP reseller domain AND domains under our Business Plan. (Please correct on this point if it won't work this way."

- Correct. You can simply add Hosted Domains Upgrade to your existing WordPress Hosting Account and add your Domain to it.

You can find the Hosted Domains as long with the Dedicated IP upgrade and others in the Hepsia Control Panel >> Add or Upgrade Services

Let us know if we can assist you with anything else.

Best Regards,
              Tom.

Comment

hi tom... thanks for the response. it seems more cost effective (cheaper - better deal) if we use reseller mode in our account and stright out buy the business plan at wholesale and leaving the free WP reseller plan as it is... make sense? ... and if i buy at wholesale inside my client account, is recurring (wholesale) billing triggered? Then we believe we should be able to assign a single IP to domains in both plans?

- thx

Comment

Every time I order wholesale from the reseller panel recurring billing is enabled by default larry... I am bad about ordering some services from my site order form though, kinda like sticking a little money in the bank and lets me know everything is working properly... Thats how I caught the order complications with .US domains

Comment

Working...
                  X