if reseller quits program, where do customers go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if reseller quits program, where do customers go

I'm sure there is a smooth transition for customers of a reseller who quits, to some "default" reseller or account. For instance, any GoDaddy reseller that quits, their customers automatically default over to Domains Priced Right, a default reseller property OWNED by Godaddy. Just curious how RSP handles this.

Not that WE"RE going anywhere!

- thx

Larry,

You can just quit and RSP assume the clients

You can let your account "coast" on a default free storefront and url let rsp handle support (still collect commissions this way and still possibly collect new customers by existing customer referrals)

You can migrate your accounts to another reseller platform.

That is how I understand this works...... may be more options but I dont know them.....

Comment

ya, since RPS doesn't sell hosting direct, I'm thinking there must be an "entity" that customers go to, albeit RPS owned/operated. -thx

Comment

Hello.

We do have our own Free Reseller Account that can be used in such cases.

The most important is that the clients should not suffer any downtimes or service interruptions.

We had Resellers quit, changing business and etc. and this was how we have handled it.

Just switching the owner of the Accounts to our Reseller Account.

In some cases update of the NameServers is need (if the Reseller had DNS Cluster Package).

Best Regards,
        Tom.

Comment

thanks for clarifying! As i posted, thats how GD does it as well. We're just trying to learn all the ropes here!

Comment

Working...
          X