Blew Me Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blew Me Away

I just went up to the corner store, pack of smokes, mountain dew.... and a young lady held the door open for me. Am I actually looking that old or have times really changed that much? Course I paid for her dew

i occasionally sport a cane when a past ankle problem is giving me grief... it is funny (in a most positive way) how most people respond to me. Roll with it what ever the reason!

Comment

Hmmm ladies like that are worth a cane or two........ off to walmart, I can "develop" an ankle problem

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that walmart were employing old folk to be door greeters? Or was that an episode of the Simpsons

Comment

I have a torn meniscus in one knee and occasionally use a cane. People are so much nicer to me when I do. So many "excuse me", "sorry", and "need help" that I never get when I'm not using the cane. Just got back from Niagara Falls, (the Canadian side) and people there were very gracious. Maybe that's just the way they are and the cane had nothing to do with it.

Comment

Walmart has always employed senors as door greeters. I also use a cane. I have some missing toes, but I hate the extra attention. It makes me feel old before my time. I don't want to work at Walmart...

Comment

Boy, we're all quite the collection aren't we...

Comment

thats what makes us a good community hmmm must have been a fluke.. cane didnt work, rekon I need to migrate to crutches larry?

Comment

Originally posted by iads View Post
                  Walmart has always employed senors as door greeters. I also use a cane. I have some missing toes, but I hate the extra attention. It makes me feel old before my time. I don't want to work at Walmart...

Just respect from those raised right iads..... no reason to feel that way.. some are still raised to show that respect to people. If my dad were still alive and I didnt offer assistance to someone who looked as they needed it, he would still give me some serious discipline of my own

Comment

Originally posted by iads View Post
                    It makes me feel old before my time. :
                    As funny as it may sound I don't mind getting old. I am presently 67 and I am enjoying every minute. Maybe that's because when I was younger I was working too hard to enjoy life. My knee slows me down a bit and I missing hiking in the mountains but all in all, life is good.

Comment

Working...
                    X