Well your stuck with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well your stuck with me

That is for the next 12 months. Bought a domain and DNS cluster through RP. I have been involved in affiliate marketing for well over a decade now and wanted to reach out and do a little exploring in other potential income sources.

So Hi! My name is CJ

Could you give me advice on how I should go about it?

You mentioned Google, is that adsense? Are there any pitfalls you could warn me about? CJ seemed to be a good system, but I could never reach the goals they set and they wouldn't add the commissions earned from other sites, which would have triggered the payout. They also seemed to force through certain adverts which had no relevance to my site and actually annoyed my visitors, but would have paid more commission if someone actually clicked on the link and followed through. Typically US based companies.

Can I target the ads to my particular subjects?

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr
      I have done this with other sites also where the client abandons the site for various reasons and have a small stream of income from Google this way. Of course, this can only be done if you own the domain name as I always try to do when I acquire a new client.
      Do you get paid per impression, or click or an actual sale?

Comment

Yes, it is adsense.

You get paid for each click on an ad. A sale is not required just a click through but payment is held until you have accumulated $100.00. Google tries to target ads according to your site. If you want I can pm you one of my sites and you can see how Google targets the ads. I don't want to post that here.

The only pitfall I am aware of is that some try to fool Google by clicking on the ads on their own sites in order to increase their revenue or by encouraging others to do so. Google has ways to detect that and if you do it you will lose any accumulated revenue and your account will be canceled. There are rules and regulations you must follow. just Google adsense for more information.

You have nothing to lose as it is a free program that can generate income. In fact, if you have a popular website with a lot of visitors you can make as much money as your day job. You just need a little imagination and some knowledge of html.

Comment

Please PM me the link.

I've noticed Adsense seems to track people, and I'm not keen on them using my sites to monitor peoples browsing habits. Is there any way to opt-out, or is it if you dont like it, dont use it?

Comment

Working...
          X