Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Adwords really effective?

Hello,
    I have been looking into using Google's Adwords program for marketing strategies. I was wanting to hear some testimonials of current / previous users of this system and find out if sales are indeed reflected by investing into this type of marketing.

I have been using adwords for about 3 weeks. got 1 sale. but i think it was worth it as i haven't had any sales sic i started which was about 3 months ago. It is hard though as you have to do alot of research into keywords.

btw, i have some £30 coupon if you want any.

Comment

Kyle,

Having used AdWords since November through the present, I have to say it is a pretty ineffective way of advertising. I have poured about US$1,000 into AdWords now, and over that period of time I gained approximately 25 clients (and about 25 additional fraudulent orders). Unfortunately, I have found that AdWords only works best under the following circumstances:

- your prices are extremely low
      - you pay approximately $5 per click
      - you run the same ad for a length of time equivalent to, or greater than, one week

So I cannot recommend it. I would search for a better way to market your hosting services. SEO is about the only effective marketing method I have found. In fact, a few weeks ago, I managed to get GWB into the top spot when 'real estate website hosting' was searched, but if anyone was reading our press releases, they saw that we have taken this business offline, and our Website once again only caters to the "general" crowd. (The agents we were attracting through our SEO efforts were not of a high quality.)

Having said all of that, I am also probably going to leave the hosting business altogether. I have been at it for about a year and a half now, and haven't hit any real success. I will, of course, continue to work with the real estate companies I now have as clients, and also with my very small base of Web hosting clients, but I do not think I will spend any more money or effort in promoting my services, as it has just been too much of a drain on finances and health. I am assisting a friend with his Internet startup, as well as serving as Webmaster for another acquaintance's startup. I have been asked to join a networking security startup, as well, and am considering this offer. And, at some point in the future I will probably also look into starting my own SEO company (not just for Web hosts), but I have decided I really just need to take a time-out and see what I want to do with my life from this point forward.

Comment

I have been using adwords for about 3 weeks. got 1 sale. but i think it was worth it as i haven't had any sales sic i started which was about 3 months ago. It is hard though as you have to do alot of research into keywords.
        I would have to second, third, and fourth that opinion!

I may have received one or two clients from AdWords, but I'll use my AdWord campaigns for my other business endeavors!

Having said all of that, I am also probably going to leave the hosting business altogether. I have been at it for about a year and a half now, and haven't hit any real success. I will, of course, continue to work with the real estate companies I now have as clients, and also with my very small base of Web hosting clients, but I do not think I will spend any more money or effort in promoting my services, as it has just been too much of a drain on finances and health. I am assisting a friend with his Internet startup, as well as serving as Webmaster for another acquaintance's startup. I have been asked to join a networking security startup, as well, and am considering this offer. And, at some point in the future I will probably also look into starting my own SEO company (not just for Web hosts), but I have decided I really just need to take a time-out and see what I want to do with my life from this point forward.
        Daniel, you have been a terrific help to me and many folks here I am sure. I know when I come across a post from you that it will be worth reading. I wish you all the best in your future. Did you ever get any bites on eBay with your hosting sites?
        Last edited by davidqp; 25-03-2006, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Do it only if you know how to use adwords or you will lose a lot of money.

Comment

AdWords too expensive for Hosting Campaigns...

Hello All --

I do use adwords to advertise other online businesses... but not Hosting. Why? It's just too expensive when you calculate your return on investment (R.O.I.). This is because there are so many people advertising Hosting (and some with deep pockets), that to get a good position you have to pay somewhere around $5 a click. So... here's the forumula:

$5 a click times one week of ads = $150 to $500 to get ONE client

Next... figure your revenue from that sale for ONE YEAR -- depends on how you mark up your Plans, and which plan you sell -- let's say it's $100, just to use a round number.

This means that you see no Return on your Investment for between 1.5 to 5 years... ASSUMING your client does not leave and go to another hosting company.

So, I'm in agreement with the other folks who recommend looking elsewhere for marketing. Niche marketing could be the answer.

Yours -
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by davidqp
              ...Daniel, you have been a terrific help to me and many folks here I am sure. I know when I come across a post from you that it will be worth reading. I wish you all the best in your future. Did you ever get any bites on eBay with your hosting sites?
              I may still hang around here on the forum if I get the chance. I have other things that have come up in my life that I would like to pursue before it's too late - who knows, I may come back here fulltime in a few years. But, we'll see.

Yes, I was able to sell all of our other sites - I will keep GWB up since I own the domain name for years out (and have a few clients), but I will not be doing anything with it.

Good luck to you too!

Comment

Ack! It's the saga that never ends. I now have a possible lead in the local media that I had been fighting for for over a year. Why, on the face of this earth, would they wait until I had decided to let things go?!?

Anyways, looks like I'm back at it, especially if I can get this story!

Comment

hey...
                  I think adword is very effective and it is a great option to make money online....
                  But it is little bit difficult so there is need to know it rightly for the making money through it....

Comment

Yes, it is effective if done in the right way, on the other hand you have to spend money first to understand it, if you don't understand it then it may not give much benefit to you.

Comment

Its really very effective if you use right keywords to trigger your ads.Adwords will provide targeted traffic so I can say that Adwords is really effective.PPC search engine marketing works amazingly well.But like all marketing efforts you need to understand your market and how to efficiently target it.

Comment

I do not use AdWords so himself. They are great on paper. You know exactly what you Google that you can pay and get a page of your site's launch day, you can drive targeted traffic to you (this is Useful if the Flash-intensive) For more information on the site have to worry about optimizing your site is not, in the list, click fraud, marketers, those that are Peipakurikkukyanpen That could be compromised on.However trust.

Comment

If luck still here may hang on the Forum. Before it is too late-got other things in my life who knows I want to follow, here came in a few years might come full time. However, we'll see.
                          Yes, ı was able to sell it to other sites-ı gwb called the year of your domain name (and a few customers have), but I'm not going to be doing anything with it.

Comment

Google ought to be providing you with specific details on how often your advertisement shows, how often it is clicked on, how much traffic they are sending your way, and what you are paying per click. Your own traffic reports ought to be telling you a similar story.

Comment

Is Adwords really effective?

You are going for the some basic step such as Be Specific,Highlight your Unique Value Proposition,Don’t forget your keywords,Include A Call to Action,Stand Out from your Competitors,Get Right To the Point,Ad Formatting is Important,Your Display URL is a part of your Ad Copy,Test.

Comment

Working...
                              X