No announcement yet.

Viral Marketing... Waste of time/Spam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viral Marketing... Waste of time/Spam?

Seems to me taht viral marketing is a silly waste of time... its a bunch of people trying to show there websites to others. It would be like to car salesmen selling cars to each other :P Also seems like google and others are advanced in SEO and this would actually decrease your page rank.

Having said that I would be interested in posotive experiances that could be recounted here.

I have never used them as I consider them to be a waste of time.

Comment

You get a lot of visitors but most of them aren't interested in your product/service at all.

Comment

Not all viewers are doing the same thing as you. Its not for all messages for sure but free exposure is free exposure and you control what you show.

Only positive experiences here.

+ some programs actually provide INCOME as well... Now that is hard to beat.

Comment

well I think

harvisting prospects is okay you might have something they will need but you must get them and follow up most important to keep for later on Car sell have been here and are going to stay viral market is bad only for those that keep posting day after day till member no longer wants to read same thing from same person everday gets mad and wouldnt buy from you its okay to make money from your friends your enemies wont buy from you anyway

Comment

I think it depends on what your marketing. I am sure celebrity sites do well but other sites might not make any sales.

Sites made for adsense with celebrity and music might make good money if they get people coming back to site all the time. I know funny sites also do well but not sure how to make money off them.

Comment

f you have nice content with viral component, Video marketing could be more effective.

Comment

Viral marketing

Hello there,

I'm new to this forum.

Viral marketing is the easiest tool I had ever known.

It depends on your business at awhole.
                Using video & audio is useful too.

all the best

Comment

Hello Friends........

Yeh i agree with you that viral marketing is just waste of time.

Thanks

Comment

Viral marketing is a marketing strategy that is based on individuals rather than traditional campaigns to send a message to others. Generally refers to internet marketing. Viral marketing is so called because of the tendency of messages to use "hosts" to spread rapidly, like a biological virus.

Comment

I can send something to a friend of my jokes site. A miserable waste of time. Observed by spam bots or people from countries that do not buy anything online. I would say that is not even a rate of 1%. About 0.2% or more.

Comment

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the "natural" or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Other forms of search engine marketing (SEM) target paid listings. In general, the earlier (or higher on the page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a website web presence.

Search engine marketing (SEM) is a form of Internet marketing that seeks to promote websites by increasing their visibility in search engine result pages (SERPs) through the use of search engine optimization, paid placement, contextual advertising, and paid inclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by FeleciaDavis View Post
                          Viral marketing is a marketing strategy that is based on individuals rather than traditional campaigns to send a message to others. Generally refers to internet marketing. Viral marketing is so called because of the tendency of messages to use "hosts" to spread rapidly, like a biological virus.
                          If you are doing article marketing then it is also viral marketing and you should understand thing if you are doing in the right way then it would help a lot.

Comment

thanks for post

Comment

nice song i like it

Comment

Working...
                              X