Suggest Hosting Competitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest Hosting Competitors

I'm making a list of what I like and dislike of each host and have researched 5 of the top hosts. Are there some hosts rp can suggest I check out? I mean comparable hosts, not like ipowerweb where their plans are ridiculously huge. Anybody have suggestion host they have compared their store to? Thanks peeps!

Originally posted by Programmer View Post
    ... Are there some hosts rp can suggest I check out? I mean comparable hosts, not like ipowerweb where their plans are ridiculously huge...
    Or should I say, "ridiculously overselling"?

Comment

It is always good to look up to the top players in the industry even if you cannot measure up to them in terms of offers or customer base. I cannot offer any particular hosts to check other than the ones you have probably checked already (I suppose that you have included hosts like HostGator, DreamHost, GoDaddy and 1and1 in your research already). Whether we like it or not, extreme overselling seems to be the posh trend in the web hosting industry today and there is nothing we can do about it, unfortunately.

Comment

Thanks Milen,
        Oops I missed 1and1. Are there any more?

I have checked out hostgator, dreamhost, ipowerweb, godaddy. The only comparible non-super-overseller is godaddy. Most hosts have horrible design and give too much information. Most hosts prices have a * where the fine print reads the advertised prices are for 3-10 year contracts. Overall the website visitor experience was unpleasant. Are there any hosts with nice websites? I can't believe these are the top hosts, with unprofessional designs.

Comment

Originally posted by Programmer View Post
          Are there any hosts with nice websites? I can't believe these are the top hosts, with unprofessional designs.
          I see no problems with the site designs of any of the hosts you mentioned (even though I do not care for their services). "Nice" is subjective. It is different from person to person. What you think is nice, I might think is bad and what you think is bad, I might think is nice.

What I'm getting at is this. For you to ask for a list of web hosts that have "nice' site designs is pointless since I (or anyone else) have no idea what you think "nice" is. It varies from one person to another.

That said, you can add these hosts to your list, I guess...

Hostingzoom.com

Resellerzoom.com (owned by hostingzoom.com)

Bluehost.com

Hostmonster.com (owned by bluehost.com)

Site5.com

Servage.com

HostDime.com

AABox.com

Geekhosting.com

Roundberry.com

MEWebhost.com

Dathorn.com

Hostway.com

Existhosting.com

Hostdepot.com

Dayanahost.com

Hostcentric.com (I hear this is where RSP buys from or is associated with in some way)

Ths list goes on and on.

Some of these are very big guys, some are not. Some outrageously oversell, some not so much.

Nice site designs? I think all of them are nice. But that's for you to decide.

Comment

toolsavvy,
            True about personal preferences. Perhaps I expected more than average design since they deal with website services.

I am focusing on the big hosts for these guys are the direct competitors to a co-branded RP store, trying not to be a small guy. Thanks for the big host list. I will check them out, though, I was hoping to compare the top ten only.

Comment

If you are looking for the top ten, you need to define what your criteria is for "top" then go to webhostingtalk forum and ask around for a list. I'm sure there are sites out there that have top ten lists based on multiple criteria.

And here are 2 google searches...

Comment

Originally posted by toolsavvy View Post
                Hostcentric.com (I hear this is where RSP buys from or is associated with in some way)
                We collocate our servers in a data center that was formerly owned by Hostcentric and later bought first by Interland and then by Peer1. So we rent rack space and buy connectivity/bandwidth/traffic from Peer1, but we have our own servers and do not use dedicated machines owned by another provider.

Comment

toolsavvy
                  Thanks for the great info. I'd define it as top hosting brands, such as, 1and1 has a 4 page ad in every magazine I own or godaddy is very well known for their domain reputation.

The discussion I was attempting to start was on personal biased opinions resellers have made while doing their own competitor research. Perhaps I should be researching comparable hosts and not the top hosts.

Comment

I did research peer1 and read all their whitepapers. My personal opinion, the peer1 website is great and very informative... more than a store. I am using peer1 as example material for some areas of the new store.

Comment

Working...
                    X