Multiple Domains Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Domains Strategy

In answer to the question: "Do I really need multiple domain names?" I say "Yes." When I settle on a domain name, I register these: com, biz, net, info, and us. There are many more 'name variations', like with hyphens and underscores, but I start here. Which raises the question in my mind about the limit of three domains per account? Is that just three that can be hosted, not including parked domains?

So here I am collecting domains. What to do with them? Other posts on this forum showed me how to 'list' domains on "Sedo" and use the services of "NameDrive" to offset renewal costs and generate revenue. Before I set all this up, I was hoping some who have been where I am now could offer suggestions and possibly save me from making mistakes. What is a good "Marketing Strategy" for domains? As a RSP reseller, is RSP the best place for me to register and park domains? Would it make a difference if I used my RSP account or my 'client' account to hold the domains?

Suggestions would be appreciated! :})

multiple domain names

Take a look through google in the webmasters depo and see what they say about multiple domains pointing to one site, the impression i got from this information, is the domains all point to the same "information", thus no real benefit at all.

Just as yoursite and www.yoursite is two seperate identities.
    Also there is a way to tell the google engine that this, and that domain are related. Maybe that helps.

I had 4 domains pointing to the site and removed them after seeing the information about it

Last edited by robbie247; 03-04-2009, 07:56 PM. Reason: Add signature

Comment

Originally posted by iseeuu View Post
      In answer to the question: "Do I really need multiple domain names?" I say "Yes." When I settle on a domain name, I register these: com, biz, net, info, and us. There are many more 'name variations', like with hyphens and underscores, but I start here. Which raises the question in my mind about the limit of three domains per account? Is that just three that can be hosted, not including parked domains?

So here I am collecting domains. What to do with them? Other posts on this forum showed me how to 'list' domains on "Sedo" and use the services of "NameDrive" to offset renewal costs and generate revenue. Before I set all this up, I was hoping some who have been where I am now could offer suggestions and possibly save me from making mistakes. What is a good "Marketing Strategy" for domains? As a RSP reseller, is RSP the best place for me to register and park domains? Would it make a difference if I used my RSP account or my 'client' account to hold the domains?

Suggestions would be appreciated! :})
      Hi, if your plan says 3 domains hosted, then you can host 3 domains and still park the rest. I have had clients park and manage the DNS settings on over 10 domains on one account, I don't think there is a limit on how many domains you own and manage the DNS for.

As far as strategy, Well,,,I would not point them all to one site directly. I would make splash or doorway pages with links to my main site. Actually that is what I do.

Put the domains on your "client" hosting account. I don't think you can park domains in the resellers account even.

Comment

It would depend largely on the business, I would think. But usually buying .com+.net, should provide most of the security needed.

Comment

However, .com is not only popular but also it is good from SEO point as well.

Comment

Working...
          X