Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion Rates

Hi all,
    I have been using resellerspanel for some time now since beginning of the year at least. Most of this time I used a couple of different domains, had some traffic though not much since I didn't do much promotion. I was therefor not all that surprised when there were no signups.

Over the last four months or so I have been more actively promoting a specific site. I have had quite a bit of traffic, nothing amazing but enough to think it should have generated at least some signups. What puzzles me a bit is that using the same traffic directed elsewhere to a couple web hosting affiliate programs I have gotten a couple of signups, nothing big but at least signups. Using the same traffic directed to the reseller store, and so far nothing...

This makes me wonder what the conversion rates tend to be with you others who are using the resellerspanel templates. I am aware some might post statements of using custom own created site and not the existing templates that are already used by many. However, unless most visitors have already seen multiple stores of the same template, it should not cut the conversion rate down to zero.

I previously used the SmartZone template since I think it looks the most appealing. But have recently switched to FlipView to see if it made any difference with conversion rates.

It would be interesting and good to know what conversion rates that are considered normal with traffic aimed towards general web hosting needs.

Thanks.

Well, it is like this. I have not had any success by putting out a site for web hosting. First, there are so many out there that the competition is fierce. Second, you are limiting yourself to customers that know something about web design, want to learn and have time to learn it. I go for a larger part of the population; people that need a web site but don't have time or willingness to learn. So I do use my template store as a place to direct my clients to sign up for domain names and hosting accounts. I explain to them that I am affiliated with that store and am able to provide a better service to them if they go there and sign up for a hosting account. So far, it has worked fine for me and I have never heard from anyone that they have seen a similar looking web hosting site.

Comment

Thanks,
      I can agree that competition is very strong. I still do think though that with traffic comming to the site, it should not cut the conversion down to pretty much zero. This indicate that everyone would much rather purchase a hosting account somewhere else... Perhaps most people search for outside reviews and opinions before ordering, and this could then make it tougher...

Comment

hi patrni, hows your RSP affiliate sign up? wish you good luck..
        i'm receiving a very small traffic on my site but got my first sign up because of social media marketing..

Comment

Working...
        X