Sitemaps and SEO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitemaps and SEO?

How important is it to have sitemaps? How does it impact the performance of a website? How is it beneficial from the SEO point of view? Can someone tell me about it? Someone said it guides web users find a site and also helps in navigation. Is it so? I just launched my site. However, I don’t have a sitemap yet. Is it okay? Do I need to put it up? I don’t want to turn off my visitors by not having a sitemap. So I guess I will have it installed. If it will enhance the web browsing experience of my users, I would love to install it.

You should be in the habit of submitting a sitemap to search engines a number of times a year. This allows you to update the search engine on any new pages in your site. If you create new pages on a regular basis, you may want to submit your sitemap more frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by quangcaogoogle View Post
      You should be in the habit of submitting a sitemap to search engines a number of times a year. This allows you to update the search engine on any new pages in your site. If you create new pages on a regular basis, you may want to submit your sitemap more frequently.
      Submitting sitemap number of times a year? Ah I understand, it should be updated everytime there is a new pages in the site. Okay thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
      X